The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra is a 'Ard Nut

SupraKid

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The easier option is to not boot it, as even RLTC won't save you most of the time in bad conditions.

It will a lot of the time though, i know i use to loose the back end of my car a lot when over taking last winter. i have not lost the back end once since having RLTC installed.

(apart from when i turn it down or off :eyebrows:)

thinking of buying Lee's!

Enjoy.....VERY fast car though!

Was overtaking and next think you know the back end just came out, i couldnt control it....

Yeah I know that feeling - thats how I wrote off mine earlier in the year :rolleyes: I think after having a crash in a Supra you realise just how incredibly well built they are. Im pretty convinced I would have been dead if I would have been in another car when I crashed. Just walked away unscathed!

Glad to hear everyones OK :) Keep your chin up and dont do something silly like me and buy a honda civic as a replacement and then end up buying another supra anyway! Dont lose heart and buy another supra ASAP!

Gald you are OK, I fond out they were very very strong, but not my fault.

I wonder if, after fitting the big wheels, did you have a proper geometry reset?, too much camber on the rear can make them very tricky on winter roads (someone idiot rally expert, once gave me 3 degree's neg on the rear, and i nearly wrote the car off 4 times before i caught on what was doing it).

Good luck with the next car!.

Sorry to see that mate.

I take it easy in mine all the time, there a real handful in the dry never mind the wet. My backend kicks out when the second turbo kicks in 2nd in a straight line. That's on a dry road, although cold. I think you have to give the car a bit of respect and don't hammer it too much especially when new to RWD.

I've had mine a month now, it scares the shit out of me all the time, I never boot it round corners because I may end up in a ditch. I used to drive a modified Rover turbo, but the big change is the stepover to RWD. It's a different animal to FWD and 4WD even.

Glad you're OK. I'm thinking of all the times I've overtaken over the last few weeks. Must remember to be more careful.

Did you have Kumhos all round on your car or had you already changed your tyres?

they were kumhos :(

i was going to get them changed when i get paid on the 30th!!!

1. sorry to see that fella and glad you are all ok.

2. can i have your engine and gearbox ?

3 what the hell are you smiling for? i would be crying

i might be buying the car back from insurance, so yea there will be bits up for sale if i do.

Why im smiling? cos im alive and unhurt!

The Supra is only a car, material, only worth some bits of paper, not a life, im alive, and 2 of my best mates are alive, without being hurt. Needless to say we are very happy. Seems like we've escaped death.