The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The NA/Non Turbo

RobSheffield

Power upgrades for the n/a Supra

Toyota tuned the n/a engine almost to its max so your only going to get a small amount of extra bhp out of these mods but it will sound better and rev more freely.

1.full decat {remember to keep one for mot time]

2.after market air filter either cone or in your std air box.[your choice]

3.manifold can be changed for a better flowing one [not cheap]

ecu upgrades are not available for the n/a

Thats about it unless your willing to spend big bucks on engine internals cams etc .

or the ultimate upgrade a single turbo conversion cost about 4k.

p.s anything you see promising big bhp increases for little money are snake oil [ebay for example]

If your a new owner use the search button everything you ever wanted to know about the supra is under this button.

and welcome to our club

this is what i would have done

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, and you know it. ;)

I think perhaps what Rob was getting at was, thathe was having a friendly dig at the member today (who also happens to be an NA owner) resurrect two threads from aeons past. Whilst that in itself was not a heinous crime, if the said member had taken the time to read them fully then his question would have been answered, that's al

am i the said member ??? if so what threads are we talking about ???

If i bought an NA and had never had a TT my advice would be as follows:-

every time you go to spend any money on mods for the NA think will i be able to transfer this to my TT? If its a "no" then don't buy it :D and just put the money into the saving for a real, opps sorry ;) a slightly faster :rolleyes: supra

I would even question buying things like decats and exhausts for a NA.

It all adds up especially if you are paying others to fit the stuff. Over a year of two you could save enough to get a TT and no matter what you've done on tuning the NA a bone stock TT will be in a different performance league.

Basically IMO there is no point in tuning the NA (whilst still keeping it NA you understand) if you are happy or can live with its level of power at this point (as i do at present) then fine.........if you hanker for more power save your cash for a TT....do not mod the NA......

Thats my advice.

How about adding that N/As with a decent exhaust and decat will sound like thunder - louder than their forced induction brethren :)

Also, with an N/A you get the gorgeous looks of a TT and the fantastic driving position without the worry of seeing all your earnings disappearing into the 'mod pot'

:) :)

Congratulations, you have bought an NA (SZ or SZ-R) now you may have an inkling for more power but hold on, before you jump in asking questions and ressurecting threads from 5 years ago, take a moment to read this.

Ok, first lets look at the possible reasons you bought an NA. They are lower fuel consuption, cheaper purchase price and (arguably) cheaper insurance. Please do not misunderstand the reasons for this thread - the NA is still a capable vehicle - i have always been impressed while driving them, it is not my intention to take the piss. I am among a growing minority of memebers who are sick of folk with NAs posting up asking if they should buy a BOV, or an intercooler :p

Possible methods of power increase may include:-

An aftermarket filter in the stock airbox (aftermarket cone filters will (arguably) lose you power)

Decat

New manifold (see Nic/import pimp)

Sports exhaust system

Superchips will not afford much increase, they will likely increase fuel consumption and overall are considered a waste of money compared to the above items.

Finally, if you see an item on ebay, please try to use the search as we have a fair few 'omgrofllmao i found this £20 chip on ebay will it make my NA 400BHP' threads which will have been answered

Thank you :)

(mods, if you want to pop this in FAQs and or sticky it or move it then feel free :D)

Cheers Rob, as an NA owner I completly understand where you are coming from and realised straight away that your intention was to help not deride. I too find it hard to understand why people don't use the search button!!:)

Can we just delete this thread? No good will come of it.

Preferably before Blitz Supra sees it and goes off on one again.

Good evening!!!

Right boys you are in for it!!!! :no: :no: :rlol:

Jake that cracked me up!!!!!! :thumbs: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

but glad someone else has stepped into to defend the side and puts the point across Na's / TT's we are a club so who cares..

:taped: :taped: :taped:

Totally missing the point there then...;)

No i wasn't missing the point, but it shows that its not just me who see's the constant NA thingy,

But personally i do not think Rob was having a dig, and there is helpful advice to newbies,

But I agree you will get newbies or people who don't understand cars asking what perhaps "mechanical" people may take for granted, or may see as silly or funny

But hey we we are a car club at the end of the day,

I try to help out where I can and just ignore ones that are perhaps a little mmmmmmmm...

Anway not getting into this debate.... been there done that..

And nothing good comes from it ..

Anway not getting into this debate.... been there done that..

Its not a debate you fool. This thread was created as a start to an FAQ for those interested in modifying an NA Supra, however its been jumped on by people wanting to compare the NA to the TT.

Can someone, somewhere, please post something useful to the bloody FAQ! BTW Dave, thanks for your input, i'll be sure to use some of that in the FAQ (there were a few bits that aren't completely correct).

Its not a debate you fool. This thread was created as a start to an FAQ for those interested in modifying an NA Supra, however its been jumped on by people wanting to compare the NA to the TT.

Can someone, somewhere, please post something useful to the bloody FAQ! BTW Dave, thanks for your input, i'll be sure to use some of that in the FAQ (there were a few bits that aren't completely correct).

Don't call me a fool, You post agressive response..

I agreed with Rob , and have purposefully not got into a NA /TT "debate" as you put it,

As i said "nothing good comes of it",

Look at the "tone of your input"

My input in this is agreeing with Rob and laughing at Jakes reply which i thought was hiliaroius

Lighten up (as i get told too so many times!!)

This is a bloody car club at the end of a day not a place to belittle people

good night!!

Thanks again for your valuable input, again, not a lot of use to the FAQ :rolleyes:

If you want to assist future owners and contribute information from your superior years of experience of JDM cars then please do so.

I'm not having a go mate but All i'm saying is look at your tone you started by calling me a fool,

There is always this damn NA /TT debate, which should be frowned upon on and knocked on the head.

Its a Supra club so who cares if you drive a NA or TT ,

Skyline clubs don't care if you drive a GTS or GTR who cares..

We all enjoy our cars,

And yes i do try and help and contribute and not talk down to people

Yes I do have a few years experience as I have been involved with imports now for it must be 13 years, so why this "upsets some people" confuses me, perhaps because some of the younger ones in the club were may be 10 - 13 years old when a few of us were already active in the Jap car scene who knows ???

Anyway this is going of thread,

I thought Rob put in some great input and sadly in places it deteriates from there on and gets personal.

ffs, stop talking about this NA vs TT thing, no one cares. Threads like this deteriorate because of posts like yours.

Blitz, unless you have something to add to the FAQ, STOP posting in the bloody thread! If you do have some useful information to add then please do so.

I think that a lot of this so called NA - TT debate is in jest really :D

Probably is Rob.. and if it is thats fine

But it could be seen as a put down to perhaps some of the club members who have saved hard or for insurance issues or other reasons could only afford a NA, but want to be part of enjoying the Supra experience

I'm sure TT owners would be up in arms if NA owners were constantly making digs that their cars always seem to be in the garage having some sort of repair etc, which they sholudn't be as Toyota build a very reliable car.

Trouble is whenever this subject crops up the same names appear then launch into personal attacks, rather than talking about the subject in hand.