The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A warning to anyone selling their Supra...

mawby

Blackjax on makes you Thatcham approval go bye bye unfortunatly guys. Apparently I heard someone got run over when a woman forgot the code and the car cut out leaving her helpless to brake when required.

Eh? I call BS. Your brakes will still work whatever happens to your car (except the brake fluid leaking) - you just might need to push a little harder.

Also Clifford Blackjax ™ doesn't just cut out, it progressively cuts power slowing you to a stop. Maybe she had some equivalent version? A Clifford alarm with Blackjax is Thatcham approved.

[edit] - I see where you may have read this - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=37084

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh? I call BS. Your brakes will still work whatever happens to your car (except the brake fluid leaking) - you just might need to push a little harder.

A little harder... I totally disagree...alot harder, I was driving a car when the engine died on me and the servo for the brake system of course also stopped. I could not bring the car to a quick stop at all and I pushed as hard as I could. I can easily see how you might accidently run someone over in the wrong time and place.

A little harder... I totally disagree...alot harder, I was driving a car when the engine died on me and the servo for the brake system of course also stopped. I could not bring the car to a quick stop at all and I pushed as hard as I could. I can easily see how you might accidently run someone over in the wrong time and place.

But the Clifford doesnt cut without plenty of warning. I often forget to enter the code and it gives plenty of time with accompanying light flashing and siren chirping to enter it.

I suspect the person in question had an inferior system in place!

Christ this is bad news, hope you car is found in one piece ASAP, i will keep a look out.

I dont want to be the bearer of bad news but the insurer will almost certainly not pay out...thats if you tell them the story you have on the front page. They can repudiate you claim on grounds of 'Theft by Deception', a clause you will find in your policy wording.

Not that i condon lying, but as previously stated... i would bend the truth to say that he intimidated you, pushed you to the ground, grabbed the keys and drove off...but nodoubt you have already given you statement to the police, if not the insurer yet.

Hope its sorts itself out mate. Theres some real scummy people in this world.

But the Clifford doesnt cut without plenty of warning. I often forget to enter the code and it gives plenty of time with accompanying light flashing and siren chirping to enter it.

I suspect the person in question had an inferior system in place!

Im not questioning the system I dont know them. Im just on about the difference a servo makes on a brake system. It scared the hell out of me. Luckerly I was driving a manual car so after a few seconds of panicking I used the dead engine to bring me to a quick stop.

They won't I'm afraid, not if he handed over the keys.

Poor guy.

Your right I'm afraid. some one jacked my mates scooby out side his house. They had base ball bats and threatened him to hand over the keys. Well he did and lost out on £10,000.

God matey. I'd be in tears.:(

...He wanted to have a drive. He was quite insistent and intimidating so I handed over the keys....

WTF?

So if the guy had a hardon, would he drop his pants and let him have his evil way?

He goes to meet a stranger, it is dark, he holds no documents whatsoever as security, and then he hands over the keys? Whatever next?:blink:

What if he was legit, but crashed the car in the next corner? Insurance wouldn't pay because he wasn't driving, and the other fellow would have 3rd party at best.

Without having the money as collateral, I wouldn't hand over the keys no matter what. Let that be a lesson to him.

what!!!!!! mother fucker!!!! i would love to find that twat and put one in the back of his head making him fall into a shallow grave witch he dug himself while begging for his life

You forgot the bit about cutting him all over, then rolling him around in a loada salt. Then we shoot him in the back of the head. ;)

blimey, thats shocking. I know we all say we would never do it but I guess if you felt completely disarmed by someone you could perhaps fall for it, it's only a momentary lapse of reason I guess.

close to home too, just down the road, this was a member from here?

really sorry to hear that, hope the insurance pay out. Say you handed the keys over under some duress.

You forgot the bit about cutting him all over, then rolling him around in a loada salt. Then we shoot him in the back of the head. ;)

oh yeah forgot about the salt, but dude i really feel for you well if you do get the pay out atleast you will be able to do what you wanted with the money, why were you selling it anyway??

Your right I'm afraid. some one jacked my mates scooby out side his house. They had base ball bats and threatened him to hand over the keys. Well he did and lost out on £10,000.

So at what point does this become theft? When you're a bloody unconscious mess on the floor and the keys are removed from your pocket?

Guest gzaerojon
always take someone with you.....2 against 1

Would be interesting is one fitted a PIN Code box in the sup so that the correct pin needs to be entered before the car would even start.

someone should invent an sms enabled immobilizer

just text to cut the engine

I heard it off a Clifford registered installer a few years back. It could have been on a G4 but your right it does give plenty of warning. However, you would have to go pretty mental to stop if it cut everything.

Have you never left it on and put the stereo on? I did a few times and the car cut out on me when I slowed. Please don't take it as gospel but I think it's something to consider and maybe investigate. And yes I would still feel safer with it on in my car than not :)

P.S. Sorry for the hijack