The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbo On :-)

Marty

The XS power downpipe DOES fit when you use the XS power manifold. You can also use a 40deg silcon pipe to move the intake away form the water elbow, they're about £56 for the 4in, about £30 for the 3in.

I must of had a dodgey one then, either that or I am a little more anal when it comes to a professional finish.

The downpipe I had looked like it was made for an angled turbo position, not the straight position that XS power use. I had mine modified with a new end position and a flexi joint added. Fits perfectly now.

Not had chance to get much done, so my scheldule has gone right out the window :(

Anyway, today i attached the downpipe and midpipe to the exhaust --- its tight but it fits fine by the way :p ;)

Im going to finish the turbo side off completely tomorrow, all i need to do is attach the 2 pipes (for breather, and idle control valve) to the intake pipe, i also need to reattach the screamer pipe, took it off to line downpipe up properly.

I recon, by early next week its going to be up and running :) Cant wait.

I'll post up some pics tomorrow, was dark by time id finished the exhaust tonight.

Nice one,a lot easier to work on now.

Has the fingers healed from takin the twins off yet!.

Yup, the hardest part was the twins, everything has been pretty straight forward since then :)

They have well and truely healed infact!! Been a good few months since they have been off, ive been collecting all my single bits until then :D

Its good to see it actually taking shape.

Doesnt seem to be much interest in this thread, but im going to continue posting :p

Turbo side is completely done now.. as you can see,

Ended up bringing screamer pipe down at the same angle as the downpipe, think this is best way for it to go?

Just got to plumb up the intercooler now (still waiting on blow off valve to turn up though :().

Also got the map ecu to do, but have a harness and the map ready, so thats a hour job max :)

Going to gap and fit my plugs now ...

11112006284.jpg

11112006285.jpg

I'm reading/watching with interest, glad to see it coming together nicely - I also like your choice of kit :)

Thanks mate :thumbs:

Its cost a fair bit, and a few little bits and bobs have held me up alot. Shouldnt be long now, can see the blow off holding up my progress :(

If anyone is interested in what ive got/going to have on there, and how much i paid for each bit(may be of interest for people considering a single) here is the spec and prices...

Phr Stage one turbo,

Apexi airfilter, custom intake pipe

Xs manifold with 10mm t4 spacer plate (£650 inc turbo,filter etc, 2nd hand, v.good cond)

50mm Hks Wastegate and custom made screamer pipe (£200, 2nd hand but perfect condition).

Phr Heat coated downpipe/midpipe 3",

Map Ecu and Harness,

Phr oil and return pipes (the phr stuff and map ecu,harness came to £1050 inc shipping)

Greddy 3Row Intercooler (off ebay, for skyline, v.good condition, £280)

Supra front mounted intercooler piping kit (£130, ebay)

Samco hoses, pipes, etc, for intercooler, boost, coolant. (£80)

Greddy blow off, and 2.5" flange kit (£100new)

Gab Prosso coilovers (£200, 2nd hand, perfect cond)

Dba gold disks (70, 2nd hand, need a slight skim)

Various little bits and bobs, bolts, fittings etc (£40)

NGK plugs .. (£13)

10w-50 Oil (£70)

Fuel pressure regulator.. yet to buy.

Fcd ... yet to buy

Will be controlling the boost with a apexi boost controller that i already have.

Theres probably other bits ive forgotten too.

i havent even touched the fueling side (will be running 550's and uk pump for a month or 2, at 1.1bar max.) Or the clutch yet, and as you can see, its cost a good wack, and i have mostly bought 2nd hand items at silly low prices, you can double the total price if it was all new, so anyone thinking of going single, dont think its cheap :blink:

Plus im doing it all myself so ive saved £800+ on labour alone.

Martin, are you able to get any pics of the back of the turbo/wastgare area from above? WOuld be interesting to see how the clearance was on the downpipe and screamer pipe :)

I'll have a blast mate, its only a camera phone so it may not come out too well :blink:

Edited, do you want to see how close the downpipe is to the screamer pipe you mean?

here you go mate, a few different angles, one from below, as you can see, on mine, with the downpipe there, bolting the screamer pipe is tighter than a nats ear (thats prob why it took me 30mins to do up 4bolts yesterday :blink: )

One from below shows the screamer pipe, its at a completely different agle than the original xs one, i could have attached the original one, but it meant grinding it down 2", it would come out under the drivers side wheel area then.

That surface rust on the screamer pipe etc, has come overnight, jeez, doesnt hang about!!

11112006291.jpg

11112006293.jpg

11112006288.jpg

11112006290.jpg

:thumbs: Ah, thanks mate

It was the downpipe position and the screamer pipe, but that those pics help. Terrible turner was over today so had a good look round his car, helped a lot I can tell you!

I bet it did :)

Ahh right, i can take some more pics tomorrow if your stuck matey.

All okay now from my side, James put me straight on a few things today so I'm hoping to have it on the road mid next week :)

If the BOV is holding you up is it worth getting one of those stupidly cheap HKS copies from ebay for a while? The flange will be the same so you only have to change the BOV itself once your proper one turns up.