Supra's gone

Kopite

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SP74, bottom end will be stock for now, the head's had some serious work done on it though, full spec will follow soon :)

Fooking hell mate thats big, is that going to be running 0.8 bar or something low? I've been advised not to push my T67 past 1.2 bar on the stock internals, so if that advice is well formed (which I beleive it is), you must be very careful on a massive turbo like your T74.

Fooking hell mate thats big, is that going to be running 0.8 bar or something low? I've been advised not to push my T67 past 1.2 bar on the stock internals, so if that advice is well formed (which I beleive it is), you must be very careful on a massive turbo like your T74.

Arnout and Dimitri are doing this one, a friendly map will be done to be nice to the engine, using methanol as well. They've reliably informed me that it will be fine and i'm not arguin with them :) My engine is very low mileage so should be ok (hopefully). 1.2 bar on a 67? Can go higher than that, Kevin used to run 1.6 on his stock engine without trouble, mine ran 1.4 (couldnt go any higher without either detting or missing regardless of what Pete did to the map) and that was fine too. The bottom end will be done at some point, probably a few months tho.

He's running my old SP74 good for a low 10 second 1/4 mile in the right hands.:p Think he went for a Ebay special intercooler with custom piping in the end. Would'nt be my choice but I guess for what Ro whats to do with the car it should be fine.

Kevin

That looks like An XS intercooler? What turbo are you going with Ro?:)

That looks like An XS intercooler? What turbo are you going with Ro?:)

'Tis an XS one yeah, as long as the intake temps are cool then it'll be fine. Some people have had good success with them so might as well give it a try, if it's not working then i'll ditch it for a Greddy 3 Row. But as Kevin said, should be fine for what i want, Arnout doesn't have any reservations in using it (they use them themselves)

Looking good Ro, i thought you were doing away with the vvti head?

Was going to until the builders mapped a VVTI head with a universal AEM in a MK3 and had some very interesting results :sly: The main reason was mapping it, i've seen some results from when Dimitri mapped the VVTi, they couldn't stop raving about it. Did a deal with them, it's a bit of a risk but as Ernie said earlier, Dimitri's one of the best, will just see what happens

Nice choice of turbo:yummy:

Yea i agree, the XS intercooler will be fine, ive seen lots of good results with them.

Are you on stock internals?

For now yeah, until it blows up. Dimitri's happy enough with the bottom end, he says the map will be kind to it whilst still putting out some good power :)

Whats involved in fitting the universal AEM to the vvti Ro?

Not too much but it does need soldering into the stock loom, Arnout will be able to tell you better dude, if you email him he'll go through it with you. The base map needs writing as well, i think my universal one was 2nd hand out of a BMW racer