newby here - how fast

rick001

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are so harsh with some noobs! :rolleyes:

I thought it was pretty plainly obvious from his initial post what he was asking! The answer is you can't really tell as it depends on many different factors. Standard TT Soop brand new compared to now shouldn't be much different, if at all, so long as it has been looked after. N/A's do suffer a slight drop in power, but cannot possibly give a definite figure. Again depends on how old, mileage, how well it has been looked after etc etc. Even so, shouldn't be drastically different from the 225 horses it came out of the factory with. Hope that helps. :)

:(

How dare you! I shall have to know i am both a scholar and a gentleman :p

It wasnt so much the dialect as the phrasing :D

:D Well Sir Rob of the district of Sheffield, I do do declare a sincere apology from my good self :D

I know what you mean though, could've been phrased better for example:-

"Excuse me dear fellows, couldst thou please find the time out of your exceptionally busy schedule to assist myself in determining a small fact of the wonderful automobile that is the Toyota Supra mark 4? I am trying thus far in vain to assertain just how much difference there is, purely in terms of performance of the said automobile when comparing say, a brand new version on it's release from the production factory, to a 10 year old version today? Many thanks sirs and madams" :D

:D Well Sir Rob of the district of Sheffield, I do do declare a sincere apology from my good self :D

"Excuse me dear fellows, couldst thou please find the time out of your exceptionally busy schedule to assist myself in determining a small fact of the wonderful automobile that is the Toyota Supra mark 4? I am trying thus far in vain to assertain just how much difference there is, purely in terms of performance of the said automobile when comparing say, a brand new version on it's release from the production factory, to a 10 year old version today? Many thanks sirs and madams" :D

Wot u sayin their ??

:lol:

Guest Nicholas
Theres nowt wrong with sheffield .

And come on lads leave the newbie alone he'll be regretting joining the club after that piss taking .

You're right maybe Mawby could give the people that are unable to spell or use grammer a dictionary instead of a window sticker when they join?

:)

It would've been easier to just say "What's the top speed of a standard Supra now? Would it have dropped from the stated spec you see on the net? 10 years can do a lot of damage don't you know [insertSmilieHere]."

lol, just stumbled on this. I have no idea on losses for real, but you can imagine *some* as fuel pumps/filters/air filters/injectors get on in age. If you dont service a vehicle of any type the equine propensity will dwindle! NA -> TT drop - I would imagine the TT would suffer worse from lack of service for the simple reason it has more to lose, and has more points of failure :) (even if the engine technically is "better"). It is just one of those things. No real correct answer. Most Supes you will find are LOVED by their owners and will never be left in a state of decrepid release... it is unlikely a Supe owned by a serious individual will lose much based on its original "factory" power ;) give or take the ravages of time :):)most of us like to replace worn bits with upgrades above and beyond the OEM spec :D (and will have power +++ the OEM spec)

Found something that may be relevant:

"A by-law of the City of Ottawa respecting the erection, height and maintenance of fences. The Council of the City of Ottawa hereby enacts as follows:

HEIGHT RESTRICTIONS - NON-RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY

9. On non-residential properties, no person shall erect a fence or cause a fence to be erected that is higher than three metres (3 m).

• (1) Every owner or operator of an salvage yard shall erect or cause to be erected a fence of solid materials and uniform construction around the salvage yard;
  • (2) The minimum height of a fence erected pursuant to subsection (1) shall be one hundred and eighty centimetres (180 cm).

Looks like he could be linked with No1 Boy Racer too with some of the anology used in that paragraph. :)

http://www.ottawa.ca/city_services/bylaws/municipal_bylaws/building/fence/1_0_en.shtml

...........yes, I am incredibly bored.......:rolleyes: