The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Redline Ten Of The Best 3

Gaz Walker

Theres currently 4 'club' seats (cos thats about all I can fit in a mkiv with a gazeebo as well), so its first come first served on the seats :) . Naturally you can bring your northern seats along and sit under the gazeebo as well, we dont discriminate against anybody (except CJ, but he's from Wales) just dont be surprised if all the southerners sidle up to your chairs while you nip off for a wee.

I was pleased to see Kevin put in a qualifying time even with the car running badly, Im sure it will run very well when its done.

JB

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

branners you can take mine off and let a better car in. i enjoy the 1/4 section but not good on corners. and not done a top speed thing. maybe next year should be up for it with single fitted.

and i will have plenty of tea and coffee for supra owners. will carry a spare auto gearbox and TC and a few tools if anyone needs.

does anyone know if BFG` drag radials ok to use. they supposed to have a dot marking for usa for street use, dont know about uk though. the skyline lads seem to use dunlop formula r`s they look like a cut slick.

good luck to anyone taking part

Originally posted by MONKEYmark

does anyone know if BFG` drag radials ok to use. they supposed to have a dot marking for usa for street use, dont know about uk though. the skyline lads seem to use dunlop formula r`s they look like a cut slick.

good luck to anyone taking part

Hi Mark, the BFG are DOT approved and are fine for the event, having checked with the organisers.

I think the Micky Thompsons Street ET's might be your best bet though for good times.

That surface is really abbrasive and a couple of runs will destroy Drag radials.

Kevin

• 1 month later...

Theres currently a reserve list run by Chris Mann and currently theres no drop outs so no spare places at all. At this point I would suggest there wont be any spare spaces, even if Chris loses a whole bunch of cars he has spares to fill the gaps.

If anything comes up I will let you know. Justin was on the reserve list but due to his accident on Saturday wont be able to make it even if his name came up.

All the other competitors are ready, Leon and Dude did some test runs this weekend, Matt H and Ian Chisholm have their singles up and running and were at JAE today and the others are all ready to run.

JB

Sorry guys, but it looks like i may be out of the country working now.

If back i shall come to spectate but i dont want to hold a place just for the sake of it if someone else is eager to have a go.

Good luck to all that run.

Dave

:flame Dev

sorry Paul, hadnt noticed this before. Do you still need his email address?

this is a rundown of the timetable of events

Redline TOTB 3 Sunday 1st August 2004

Programme of the Day- (times may be amended as required)

7.30am Gates open to Competitors and Support Crew.

(Vehicle passes to be displayed for entry into pitlane.)

9am Signing on for Drivers. (Gates open to spectators.)

9.45-10am Driver Briefing- Main Control area

10am Qualifying begins- Defending Champion Rocket Ronnie opens the event.

3.15pm Handling Circuit-End of Qualifying

(Circuit stays open for untimed practise laps until 3.30pm.)

3.30pm Drag and Top speed- End of Qualifying.

3.35-4pm Demo Displays Handling Circuit and main drag arena.

3.45pm approx. Leaderboards Published at the Redline Results & Information Centre for. (Qualifying cars to be ready to run.)

3.50pm Leading Qualifiers called up for Handling and Drag Shootouts by Team reps. Any cars not ready to run will be eliminated!

4pm Handling Shootout – Top 4 Handling Cars overall run in reverse order, one lap each to determine the Redline TOTB 3 Handling Shootout Champion.

4.15pm approx 1/4m Drag Shootout Eliminators- First across the line wins

Fwd Class Shootout- Top 4 cars from qualifying go Head-to-Head

Rwd Class Shootout-Top 4 Cars from qualifying go Head-to-Head

4wd Class Shootout- Top 4 Cars from qualifying go Head-to-Head

2wd Drag Final-Rwd Winner vs. Fwd Winner.

4.30pm approx Redline TOTB3 1/4m Drag Shootout Final

2wd vs. 4wd- First across the line.

To determine the Redline TOTB3 1/4m Drag Shootout Champion.

4.40pm Results Collation

4.50pm Redline TOTB 3 Overall Champion Announced

(Highest points total from all 3 events plus any points gained from the shootout finals.)

5pm Trophy Presentation and Photographs

Class Winners- Handling, Top speed, 1/4m. 9 trophies in total.

Redline Shootout Champions- Drag and Handling.

Sponsors Trophies and other Awards.

Redline TOTB 3 Team Award.

Overall Redline TOTB 3 Champion Trophy Awarded.

Event Closes.

Originally posted by MfS

So did the supra's perform well?

http://www.ian.chisholm.clara.net/pix/dude.jpg

We rocked :) Coming soon in a Skyline's rear view mirror near you.

I didn't clear up my misfire despite masses of help from Matt H and Terry :( But I could race at 0.9 bar boost and with a mangled gearchange into second I still managed 171mph on the top speed. Plenty more to come then :sly: And I did the handling circuit free of demons, and loved it :)

Matt did well until his clutch smoked. Dude dropped his car on Jake's hand :eek:

Hi to everyone I met during the day :)

-Ian

A great day out, very enjoyable. Some impressive cars, though it is a shame some of the big power cars broke, as it would have made it even better.

Congratulations to all the Supras, especially dude! :thumbs: Definately the best year for the Supras so far.

Oh, question for Big Roy: Do you have a speed camera detector?

BTW, did anyone else think the trap speeds were off, especially at the start?

Originally posted by Syed Shah

BTW, did anyone else think the trap speeds were off, especially at the start?

Yeah, last year I was getting 112-118mph speeds with slower times. 13.12 @ 104mph doesn't sound right to me :)

How many people were there btw?! :blink:

-Ian

I was there for an hour or two.

This piccie here is Dude just about to beat the CRD supra.

He's laid on some dry ice in a 70's Top of the Pops style, and in the foreground a skinhead is breaking wind and parting his cheeks to amplify the sound.

dude&the fog.jpg

I'll have to type more in the morning, just wanted to say it was nice meeting everyone, and congrats to Dude!

I thought the attendance yet again was poor, 4 or 5 Supras running....terrible! Sorry like but after being told there was no spaces left and that there was a reserve list then to turn up today and only half the Supras were there, felt like i could have ran! Maybe next year let people race who will actually race, none of these no show people eh? I might have gotten high 12s today if i raced, not as good as some Supras but at least there would be more of them!

Anyway rant over, more pleasant comments tomorrow lol

Paul :p ;)

Chris B, Matt Harwood, Christian Doran, Dude, the CRD boys, Kev Huntley, and me all ran, so that's seven. Leon's threw a rod - hardly his decision to "not run" :( Paul Whiffin didn't show up but as Paul has attended the first two events and does many track days and Pod I'm sure there must have been a very good reason for his no-show and he'll be gutted about it.

-Ian

Originally posted by BigRoy

Yep!:D Why did a silver blur come past you on the M1?:flame Dev

heh, same here. My silver bullet went past a few supes on the A64 gave a couple of thumbs up - one totally ignored me lol - so they got a finger instead :D

I'm a bit pissed off actually, spent all week preparing my car, was working on it 9 till 10.30pm Saturday, went and hired a trailer, fitted a tow bar to my Forester, loaded it all up ready to go in the morning. Woke up in the middle of the night spewing my guts up, sweating like a bitch and feeling like the world was about to end so couldn't go, farked off as I feel perfectly fine now, must have been a dodgy burger Friday night from Tubby Turks!

Well done to those who competed though especially dude.