The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ferrari exhaust sound

boombastictiger

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this fella is knowingly talking bull. I have just spent two years doing a full time OND in vehicle repair and technology with a view to completing a level 4 HND in automotive engineering. Then finishing this off with the final year of the automotive engineering degree at Kingston uni, which is meant to be one of the best engineering unis in the country.

You can probably get on the degree course via other qualifciations but your maths/science has to be good.

Just my 2p.

To get that Fez sound, drop out the NA lump, stick in a 4.2AJP engine, fit ACT pressurised carbon intakes, and you'll need to engineer new 16v heads, which Austec could perhaps knock up for you, then 4-2-2 exhaust.

That's about £25k! Lol. You could get a F348 for that. Doesn't sound quite as crap as the F355 as it's a 32v not 40v.

pmsl.

ya you have to have very very strong maths for automotive engineering...the 1st year is more theory, you do a bit of cad and design a car chassis but thats it , the second year is when u get to play about with a lotus elise and focus ona project

Maths is a bit too general, what specifically? Calc? volumetric integration etc?

yeap all of that stuff, integration, alot of calc, trig defren , to be hounest I hate the maths part of it so far because in the first year they dont really give you any practical use for it ...its just all theory and because of that I have to retake a coursework for it in the summer which im going to have fun with....science is ok, you do alot of experiments in the lab and that....pressure, force and all that stuff...i had to do a foundation course the year before aswell so the 1st year was a repeat for alot of things....the cad is hard though....i need to teach myself solidworks...

the second year is going to be alot more interesting,,,,there actually going to teach me alot more about vehicles and project work.....the 1st year is mixed with people studying civil engineering and aerospace so its all very broad, i mean in the first semester i was studying different types of concrete :-| PORTLAND CEMENT MATE lol

THORIN U ARE A KID MAN

I swear i started a post asking what exhaust can get my car to sound like another car exhaust because i like it, and ur like a fly on shit...

You said it, big boy.

What an absolute cock-knocker, please try to fuck off.

i need to teach myself solidworks...

Solidworks isn't really a good system to learn if you want to move into the Automotive field - unless that is what they will be using on your course, in which case they should use something different :)

If you want to move into the design feild you'll get yourself a big head start if you find a hooky copy of CATIA v5 or Unigraphics and start to learn how to use those. Its a BIG learning curve, but sometimes you can find tutorial stuff floating around on the Net.

I have a NON turbo supra...and yes nobody buys a supra to go slowly...and yes i have had many drags...agaisnt 350z's, ferrari 360, rx7. murcealago, gallardo, other supras and many many other hot cars...and I lost most of the races knowing that if i had a twin turbo i could have won....its not a nice feeling...Especially when you find yourself having a edgy time racing ford cosworth or a grandpa in his e220 merc....right now i cant afford a twin turbo, so thats why im tryna find out everything i can do to speed my car up as it is and make it more agile...I know that most of the things i have asked about will be benificial when i have a TT, but i kind of want to know if any will help me before.

Hey.

Personally, id recommend that you wait until you are old enough to afford to buy and RUN a Supra TT. If youre looking for serious power, then best to start with the right engine block (Supra TT).

In the meantime, enjoy posing away in your shiney NA....and stop taking on other cars and losing....youre embarassing us all.. :D

Good luck in your course.

Thier making me learn solidworks at uni :-( but my m8t who worked for mclaren said thats what they used over there, however that was a few years ago...IM trying to find a Pirate copy as its so expensive to buy apparently...i need to do research..

Digsy the actual real stuff begins in the 2nd year..thats when its focused all on the automotive industry and you start doing advanced CAD projects and designing chassis or other car parts.....In the 3rd year you take that project to next level and actually build what you deisign in par with a company..I have been advised that you should choose a very good comapny to do your project on as it part reflects your ambitions and depth and can help you get a better job...

There is a placement year aswell....you do that after the second year....you get to break down and reconstruct a lotus elise and then drive and test it, it belongs to the uni..i know some people who graduated a few years ago who build a kit car a chateram of something as part of thier project..

Im so looking forward the 3rd year...

IMI i dont loose all the races u know....i won a few..i beat a 04 350z i a street race, absolutly CAINED him....i drew with a few rx7's, and iv beat a few new shape m3's to 60 (only beacause they coundt drive)...I hardly ever drag race now though...no point..i make use of the supras supreme handling advantage...its breathtaking at times...

its amazing what you can do on solidworks though...so detailed!! I rate kingston uni, if anyone is thinking about studying that course give kingston a look in, top teaching awards and very very good facilities...I mean they even own thier own PRIVATE JET for the aerospace students to play with, they have a lotus elise, some kit car and a few motorbikes...brand new computer facilities...its its own campus, great teachers aswell really help u as much as they can..

hi chap.... you seem to have made a cracking impression on this site....:tongue: ... the guys on here are very knowlageable about sups, and we dont want to for them to sound like f*******s. And whats the deal with little hot hatches, theres nothing wrong with a saxos k&n, magnex on full chat... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

two many newbys come on here bad mouthing them, when at the end of the day most of us have been there bourght the T shirt and beaten many higher priced cars..

the supra is only a step up from these........ trying to be some thing its not only turns you into a chav...

our cars ok are serious machines... but are still very tongue in cheek..

Enjoy the tt with a nur spec and full decat.. thats loud enough for any one.:D :)

tt steve

Ps keep it real no one likes a twat......:D :D

well said black cat.

The only way you are going to get the sound of a 355 coming out of a supra is by standing behind a 355 with a tape recorder for a few minutes while it is reving up.....then play that on your supra stereo......oh, and you have to wear burberry through out this.