The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just me or is this guy dreaming....

jackso11

:rlol: I knew someone would bite eventually.

lol well actually I was going on original starting post as much as anything, half of 12999 is 6k ish £6500 to be more exact.

Seriously though, ask a trader what they'd pay for it.

yes but traders pay traders prices for all cars so same can be said for any 2nd hand motor. this is not a trade sale.

It's a 13 year old car now. In my mind we're reaching a point where there are more and more available of varying condition - usually modified and thrashed with all sorts ready to go wrong and dent your wallet. This puts a book value out of the window.

To command a high value (11/12k+) it would need to be totally original spec, low miles, non daily driver and have full history. This would then make it a collectable classic car with a decent value which should be sustained.

There aren't many that reach this criteria.

I see what your saying, but often it is the desirably modified cars that fetch the highest premiums simply because if you start from a stock car and spend the money on mods it will cost a small fortune.

i.e. from a stock car, doing a full body kit, suspension, brakes, bpu or turbo upgrades, wheels and tyres etc etc add this up and it is worth a small fortune in terms of new parts.

I think when the supra gets more clearly established as a classic. i.e. as more get written off, abused and sh*gged out etc then the rare imaculate stock cars will fetch very good money. Seems that the supra is in a transitional phase with a bit of an identity crisis at the moment imho

I would say that most of the 'bargain' priced cars do actually seem to be dogs though - you typically get what you pay for. There are exceptional bargains but these are the exception not the rule imho

I went and blagged a test drive in a brand new car the other day (was bored) and the dealer offered me 3k for my car as part ex. :blink: I just laughed at him, it's a UK6 for god's sake! :rolleyes:

No no, hes right, the price is £3K

its only worth as much as what someone wants to pay

LOL

OK maybe I was a bit harsh saying half the 13K, but I would have said about 8-9, 9 being top end. Its a '93 car remember, with mods, so its prob. been thrashed for a long time.

I do agree with the wing though.....worth -2k in my opinion....it looks shite!

A lot of you are saying 'its black', so does that mean black cars generally fetch a little more?

The reason I found it is that I am thinking of changing my n/a and getting a tt. What is mine worth roughtly?

Its a 95', black, n/a, bilstein shocks, 19" wheels, standard body and engine with 60K on the clock, and ist a manual.

I thought around 6k....am I right or way off..

You know the peeps on this forum make me laugh. Anytime anyone comes on here and asks how much a 6 speed manual TT is and can they get one for £8k everyone pipes up and says No way mate you can't get a manual 6 speed for £8k maybe a tatty auto etc etc. As soon as someone puts up an ad saying what in their humble opinion is a good price when asked in the other thread they are giving it all the That car will never sell for that, and dream on etc etc.

Make your minds up guys :D

Also makes me laugh when you see the response to non-club members modded cars Oh its modded so its been thrashed to within an inch of its life

A club members car thats modded is Lovingly cared for and tuned with precision and never ever ragged :D

OK maybe I was a bit harsh saying half the 13K, but I would have said about 8-9, 9 being top end. Its a '93 car remember, with mods, so its prob. been thrashed for a long time.

A lot of you are saying 'its black', so does that mean black cars generally fetch a little more?

The reason I found it is that I am thinking of changing my n/a and getting a tt. What is mine worth roughtly?

Its a 95', black, n/a, bilstein shocks, 19" wheels, standard body and engine with 60K on the clock, and ist a manual.

I thought around 6k....am I right or way off..

Go by your thinking...if TTs should be so cheap, then youll have to pay someone to drive your NA away :D

BTW: youve got a few mods on yours too......I'd stay well clear cause its been thrashed......I know that for sure ;)

You consider wheels to be mods? the bilsteins are an option from new...not a mod. HKS exhaust is a mod, but then its stainless, thats not really a mod its just something that will last instead of a crappy normal exhaust that will need changing again and again.

Also I am not saying a tt should be 'so cheap' I am saying 8K-9K....thats more that the 6K I thought mine was worth.

So back to the original question, do you think 6k is about right for mine?

You consider wheels to be mods? the bilsteins are an option from new...not a mod. HKS exhaust is a mod, but then its stainless, thats not really a mod its just something that will last instead of a crappy normal exhaust that will need changing again and again.

Also I am not saying a tt should be 'so cheap' I am saying 8K-9K....thats more that the 6K I thought mine was worth.

So back to the original question, do you think 6k is about right for mine?

Surely a modification is something that is just a non-standard option from Toyota. So anything other than original Supra 16s/17s will be a mod. So your exhaust is a mod if it's a HKS one. Bilsteins aren't as they were a factory option :)

Go by your thinking...if TTs should be so cheap, then youll have to pay someone to drive your NA away :D

BTW: youve got a few mods on yours too......I'd stay well clear cause its been thrashed......I know that for sure ;)

:rlol: that's exactly what I was thinking lol

you can't say the TT is way too much and only worth 8k or so and then expect 6k for your N/A!! come on!

lets say your N/A might be worth 5k and someone would pay 10k for that TT, I'd be sure of that, ok so if people comment something it letting it down like the spoiler then just change it!!! It's only a bit of plastic, don't judge the whole car on it

You know the peeps on this forum make me laugh. Anytime anyone comes on here and asks how much a 6 speed manual TT is and can they get one for £8k everyone pipes up and says No way mate you can't get a manual 6 speed for £8k maybe a tatty auto etc etc. As soon as someone puts up an ad saying what in their humble opinion is a good price when asked in the other thread they are giving it all the That car will never sell for that, and dream on etc etc.

Make your minds up guys :D

Also makes me laugh when you see the response to non-club members modded cars Oh its modded so its been thrashed to within an inch of its life

A club members car thats modded is Lovingly cared for and tuned with precision and never ever ragged :D

:iagree:

So sticking a buy it now price of £13k is about right then for ebay. You don't really want a car to sell on ebay as its damned expensive to pay the sellers fee. £13k is basically the very tops you'd expect anyone to pay and a tiny bit more to ensure they don't bid. They may just phone up though and leads is what you want when selling a car.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.