The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japfest

attilauk

Hi all,

Totally forgot about this till somebody at work reminded me about it. I'll be coming down the M5 but will be aiming to get there early. Not got a ticket or anything yet so hope this won't be a problem.

Keep a look out for me, Gunmetal with gold wheels.

Fingers crossed for some sunshine....

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this was a cool event. Shame about that skyliner that stacked his car totally at the end though. On a positive note the Mrs did the track event and was well chuffed, she wants to go again so if there is an open day across the summer we will deffers go back to castle combe. Didn't see many of the faces at the show just everyones car. As I didn't see any ripped up turf I am assuming that dude didn't attempt a burnout then:p

Roll on the next racy event.

It was a brilliant event, nice and sunny, as proven by my red forehead :D. Thanks dude for bringing the springs, and colin for the springs. Even though we wern't in the main arena was a good little supra display.

Who could miss the tango mobile, looking very good colin.

Top event, definatly one for next years calendar.

Originally posted by dangerous brain

Wow this was a cool event. Shame about that skyliner that stacked his car totally at the end though.

Shit - who was that m8?

Great day - car far more capable than me on the track! No doubt about that! But learned a bit about driving it which was good!

By far my favorite car event - loads to see and do - and cars to watch!

Parking was fine too - so next year will def get a stand sorted - have emailed the organisers already!!!

:thumbs:

Originally posted by Paul E

Shit - who was that m8?

Great day - car far more capable than me on the track! No doubt about that! But learned a bit about driving it which was good!

By far my favorite car event - loads to see and do - and cars to watch!

Parking was fine too - so next year will def get a stand sorted - have emailed the organisers already!!!

Some fella that had literally just spent a lot of money having the body styling done apparently (I was stood next to his best mate and his 6 year old son when it happened). That corner where the 2 scoobs offed he hurtled up to it and all I will say is either his brakes failed or he forgot to use them cos he just barrelled straight off into the armco. Smacked the passenger side flatish into it then span across the opening in the fence went back end into the barrier, before sliding to a rest with the passenger side on the barrier.

Edited to say its all well and good to email them about next year but did you accompany it with a pictoral explanation of difference between ass and elbow???:p

OK photos here:my web shots

I saw the damage to the scooby that went into the barrier. so if you want the biggest crowd around your car, dont spend thousands on body kits and paint jobs. Just stack it into the barrier. Seems like everyone wanted to poke, prod and take photos of the car.

A little video of some track action:Right click, save target as.

Cool event, good to meet some folks from here.

Poor guy, it looked pretty messed up on the back of the trailer being taken off track. The guy in the blue scooby was a real croud pleaser, nice driving.

Originally posted by Wez

Cool event, good to meet some folks from here.

Poor guy, it looked pretty messed up on the back of the trailer being taken off track. The guy in the blue scooby was a real croud pleaser, nice driving.

The bloke in the scooby was good, got a small video of him not brill quality, go to full screen it's a little better:

scooby drift

Originally posted by dangerous brain

Tim that first vid doesnt seem to be downloadin properly fella. Unless I am bein a biff:p

Err is it not down loading or is it just not playing, i think you need some funny codec to get it to work, i'll convert it to a normal mov file give it half an hour should be there.

A little video of some track action:Right click, save target as.

That was a great day out. Lots to do and see and plenty of time to meet old friends and new. The weather was superb although my shaven head didnt think so! I look like a traffic light stuck on red at the moment.

Managed to speak to lots of folk -: dude, Paul E + Sam, Millhouse, Dangerous Brain and the Real Brain, Tim, Simon B, Gatso, Soo, Attiluk, Leon and many others including the couple from the Midlands who's name escapes me. Just to let them know, I didnt get an orange Supra mug after all.

Roll on next year!

Had a great day at the Japfest......got a bright red nose to prove it lol.

Well done Real Brain for doing the track .....good job u were there to sort out the bloke eh lol lol?

Yep..good fun and....as has already been said roll on next year.

See u next Week Real !!!!!!

Soo

x

Have to agree with everyone, great day out, nice to meet a few faces from the board, only downside for me was arriving first and wasting half an hour being sent all over the place by Castle Combe staff......even though I had arrived at the right place first off!!

A few lines from the staff walkie talky conversations

1/ "Err, not sure where the Toyota Subaru's are"!!

2/ "We've got Toyota's listed, what is a Supra?"!!

Nuff said.

Glad to see Paul E is on the case for next year....nice one Paul, if you need any help, give me a shout.

Hope everyone had a safe journey home:thumbs:

that was a really good day, it was nice to meet you guys and gals:)

loads to see and do and to cap it off my first track session:cool: im now a total addict and im trawling the internet for more track days within hooning distance of my place:thumbs:

Japfest pictures HERE!!

Japfest pictures HERE!!

FANTASTIC DAY!!!!

WELLDONE everyone who organised it.

We had the best showstand with all the cars lined up LaMans style.

ROLL ON NEXT YEAR!!

See some photos here:

http://www.david.c.c.btinternet.co.uk/suprajapfest.html

Thanks

Ed

visit my homepage:

http://www.suprastar.org/

Guest Rays the roof

Well done on the organisation of the event. My first event of any kind in my Sup, but after yesterday, def not my last.

Thanks to Crimbo, Wilfman and Ian R for letting me join the mini convoy. The look on peoples faces (amazement) was GREAT!

Maybe if we had Supra T shirts on we could have recognised more members on the day. Putting my name down for one if it's not too late.

Ps as soon as you get any news on the car Will let me know - good luck!

Ray

Great day! I think our area worked out pretty well in the end, loads of people walking by anyway. Good to see eveyone, some new faces too, and some I haven't seen for a while. Wayne was doing a good job trying to persuade anyone who walked past to buy a Supra, and his fiancee was busy chatting to just about everyone that came within a 2 mile radius! I too am completely toasted!

Cool vid of me there Tim, got any more? :)

The Supe performed superbly on track of course as usual, but I'm thinking an oil cooler might be on the cards. 128C oil temp at the end of the first session :eek:. Had to buy a new rad cap from Leon as my coolant was bubbling away.

Great drive back home too down the A360 with DB. I'll post up my piccies later.

Was a great day will be defo be up for it next year. Mind you I caught the sun a bit too perhaps we should arrange a group buy on sun block. Took part in my first mini convoy and enjoyed every minute.