The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I respect the law now!!

B11GYS

How luck are you! I got pulled last nigh for my number plate being half an inch too small! They made me get it changed and then faff with getting a slip signed by an MOT station.

I only picked the car up on saturday!

Wankers.

Dude thats so unlucky!! nice car BTW! :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because of discretion. I can imagine why he wasn't stuck on in these circumstances but I'm not going to discuss it here.

I would suggest that they were in the area for a different purpose but felt unable to ignore what was in front of them.

Exactly Stealth. Sometimes you just can't do anything due to circumstances. In this case they obviously couldn't ignore it.

I regularly do 55 to 60 in a 30... at work. Even then its max concentration and with the flashy waily things on to warn drivers/padestrians. Without them & the proper training, care, attention etc its pure lunacy.

And if I make a mistake, have an accident, go through a Pc Gatso too fast I find mself stuck on & in court..... for doing my job!

Its 30 for a reason. Respect it or expect the consequences

Exactly Stealth. Sometimes you just can't do anything due to circumstances. In this case they obviously couldn't ignore it.

I regularly do 55 to 60 in a 30... at work. Even then its max concentration and with the flashy waily things on to warn drivers/padestrians. Without them & the proper training, care, attention etc its pure lunacy.

And if I make a mistake, have an accident, go through a Pc Gatso too fast I find mself stuck on & in court..... for doing my job!

Its 30 for a reason. Respect it or expect the consequences

my old man was in the job for twenty years, I tend to be able to sort the wheat from the chaff in these stories.

If I did something like that I would thank my lucky stars for getting off with a warning. I wouldn't consider those speeds in a housing area in the first place though.

Just my two penneth.

Like it or not - every single one of us has done something stupid or "Ummm shouldn't have done that." in their car.

I tried to reset the odomoter mileage jobby reaching through the steering wheel whilst turning it once...that was pretty stupid.

I tried to reset the odomoter mileage jobby reaching through the steering wheel whilst turning it once...that was pretty stupid.

one of my mates did exactly this while turning out of a petrol station, he crashed into a parked car and nearly broke his arm with the steering wheel!

Guest SupraTTAeroMatt

done that one but into some railings and thankfully not in my supe, the saxo took the brunt of that one!

Saxo lived though (just) which is good for work purposes:D

yeah its a complete head f*ck. part of you thinks "get round that corner now!" and the other thinks "dont slam my arm!"

the bit that said "move arm!" came along later!

The police were lenient in this case but the club should ban him for being a total w@nker:thumbdown: :no: :thumbdown: :no: :thumbdown:

I just picked up my mate and it was like 23.30 ish - I got to a nice straight and clear so i booted it to about 70(in a 30mph zone). Next thing i know there are flashing lights in a Zafira (Undercover). Thought twice about stopping but glad i did! They gave me the usual warnings and checked insurance and owner. Next thing he goes he will let me off with a warning. Then he reccomended if i wanted to boot it, take it to the A1 or M1 lol. Oh well glad i didn't get any points!:D

Next time I know to make sure I am keeping my eyes peeled at all times :search: