The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I respect the law now!!

B11GYS

I don’t condone 70 in a 30 but on some roads I can see how it’s easily done. What I find amusing is the amount of threads where people claim to do 150+ which is instant death speed and no one really criticises as much as this.

I think the differences are in the questions you ask of motorways/DC's compared to domestic areas:

Are there likley to be pedestrians?

Are there likley to be domestic hazards (footballs, prams)

Are there any blind corners?

Are there blind junctions?

Are there junctions which allow a speed build up prior to entry?

Are there parked vehicles?

Are there schools?

How far can you see ahead without obstruction?

In an emergency braking situation, can you avoid hazards?

All of these questions have different answers depending on the road-type. I would hope that anyone would ask themselves these questions before speeding and these are only a few 'off the top of my head' questions.

If all else fails, ask yourself "Will I lose my licence for doing this?"

mho

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

or my car would the insurance be void if you lost it doing this speed in a 30 zone .

Heres a little story told to me by a third party lad of 22 swaps his saxo for a bpu supra was going down a twisty road i know in the late evening showing off to his mate lost it on a bend hit 5 trees bashed every panel on car landed on the roof.the car total write off he only had the car 3 days told lies to the police and insurance was void .they both walked away v/lucky.he now drives a 1.1 300 quid fiesta .moral dont speed unless the road is dual or m-way

TRIED TO GET PICS BUT CAR WAS CRUSHED

:idiot: :donkey:

or my car would the insurance be void if you lost it doing this speed in a 30 zone .

Heres a little story told to me by a third party lad of 22 swaps his saxo for a bpu supra was going down a twisty road i know in the late evening showing off to his mate lost it on a bend hit 5 trees bashed every panel on car landed on the roof.the car total write off he only had the car 3 days told lies to the police and insurance was void .they both walked away v/lucky.he now drives a 1.1 300 quid fiesta .moral dont speed unless the road is dual or m-way

TRIED TO GET PICS BUT CAR WAS CRUSHED

:idiot: :donkey:

Good example.

I use my descretion these days....I keep my eyes on the pedestrians as much as the cars around me...even so far as to avoid the early morning pigeons thats refuse to move until you are virtually ontop of them...

But I have to say..I drove like a complete w@nker when i was much younger...if i told you how i drove i would be banned from the forum this second.

I dont think we should persecute this bloke, yes what hes done is seemingly stupid..we shouldn't ban him though...I have learned a lot from my own mistakes and from others..and being a member of a forum kind of educates us all.

On the West End Cruise some of us have reached speeds of 70/80 leps in short bursts in 30/40 limits...

Hyde park Tunnel..how fast have some of us gone thru there i wonder, and the Cromwell Road!!!!! (I aint admitting anything here but you get the drift!)

So depends where he did it! But the new Saftey campaign 'Its 30 for a reason' speaks volumes....

I keep to the speed limits in towns and built up areas...well i drive a Landcruiser now..so its no fun going too fast anyhow lol.

We have all done stupid things....welcome him to the site..and he will get the chance to learn from his new mates...

:) Green peace you got the bulls bar yet :search:

lol,

west end cruise, I was there and everyone was miss daisy :cool:

It is good that no one get hurt in this whole thing, he got lucky and I am happy for a member but I don't agree that speeding is ok. Would I do the same one day, may be, so I won't criticise him too much.

China