The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Drager versus NUR spec

Darren

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have to say I'm quite suprised by this thread...:confused:

I don't think my Nur is that loud and I run in True Twin mode a lot and have a full de-cat with no baffle. :D

Maybe it's because I've come from a Tuscan to this but my Tuscan was much louder.:)

You guys should try a Vtwin motorbike with a race can..... Mine was so loud I had to wear earplugs...:p

Originally posted by Paul E

Go RSR

Sounds better than NUR IMHO - and has baffle to take it down to Dragger quality sound

:thumbs:

Sold my Dragger now - and this baby is going on!

I bought a Drager then NUR now an RSR!!!!:eek: No no no gotta stick with the NUR.

No more spending on the Supra!:twak: :twak:

• 11 months later...

i've got a HKS Dragger on mine and it sounds silent compared to the Nur Spec I used to have on my 200SX :)

Agree with the above though that it does look better than the nur from the rear - i didnt buy one for my 200sx due to it being mild steel - but as it came with my supe, im not complaining :)

Any ideas of the power gain from a catback system such as a Dragger or Nur Spec on a supe?

Nur spec R fitted 2 weeks ago and I love it the first few hours. After 100 miles of Motoway the noise gets annoying!

Never drove the car with the muffle thingy in yet, love it hate it type of noise at the mo :p

de-cat next month, interesting time ahead for my neighbours

China

How does the RSR compare to the Nur for sound?

Is it full stainless, any power differences noticed compared to the Nur?

Wow, old thread, I remember reading this when trying to decide what exhaust to buy last year!!

I've not owned a Supra with a NUR but have been in quite a few!

The NUR seems to be a bit quieter and deeper sounding at idle/low rpm, the RSR is louder and a bit rougher sound

At mid rpm - particularly in the transition zone between the turbo’s, the NUR seems to drone badly, the RSR is a similar kind of volume but does not drone as bad.

At WOT, both are similar in sound, though I think the RSR is louder.

If you want lots of volume and ground clearance the RSR is a good choice, if you're after a full s/s exhaust with a more 'rumbly' sound then go for the NUR

all IMO :)

I bought the NUR spec after seeing it side by side a Hyper....Much better quality zorst.

And i have never fitted the baffle as it sounds amazing......However it is a second car, so that probably helps me retain the hearing.

Sometimes on the M,way it does drone, but if you put your foot down it goes away :banghead:

Dave :littled:

The RSR is possibly a bit louder than the NUR. It was my choice, mainly for the excellent ground clearance compared with the NUR.

I love the sound of it, but I'm into really loud cars, so some days I think I'd prefer it a bit louder :D I've never used the baffle, it's floating around in the boot somewhere. I'm doing a partial decat soon, so hopefully the sound will increase ;)

As for power gains, I didn't notice any on the "butt dyno." It's hardly surprising being that the cats are by far the most restrictive part of the system. I'm expecting to gain a few BHP after I decat.

It all depends on your preferences really. I can honestly say that, in the last 8 months, since I've had the RSR, I've probably only switched the radio or CD on half a dozen times, I just love the exhaust sound. Even as cold as it is at the moment, I'll still drive with the drivers window open so I can hear it properly :)

Doesnt that defeat the object of the getting such an exhaust?! :)

No, quite the opposite. I like the fact that I don't have to put up with a horrible drone all day, every day, yet when I want to 'derestrict' the exhaust, it only takes a matter of seconds to transform the car.

Still prefer the sound of the Hiper though. It was louder, but didn't drone anywhere near as much as the Nur.