The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Drager versus NUR spec

Darren

just fitted my nur spec today and think its excellent. it wasnt quite as loud as i thought it would be but i havent de catted yet, does decatting make it much louder? it seems to make a bit of difference over stock too, my traction control light flashes at me all the time now although i havent had chance to take it for a proper spin yet.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee, I have noticed that my car doesn't lose traction on takeoff when the 2nd tubo cuts in anymore:confused:

The gear changes seem a little smoother though, never noticed it when i fitted the Nur just when I fitted the original back:conf:

I was gonna ask you when you get it fitted if you noticed any difference. I also found the car was more eager to drop down a gear with the zorst fitted.

Anyone else noticed that?

Well I drove around for 2 weeks with the baffle out but then got all shy! If my Supe was a second car then yes but to drive everyday its friggin annoying. Its a bit like fitting a DV, yeah its a laugh for a while but the novelty of scaring garnnies soon wheres off!

But then again i'm getting old. Its my birthday soon and you can all buy me Quicksilvers engine!+:D

Originally posted by BigRoy

Well I drove around for 2 weeks with the baffle out but then got all shy! If my Supe was a second car then yes but to drive everyday its friggin annoying. Its a bit like fitting a DV, yeah its a laugh for a while but the novelty of scaring garnnies soon wheres off!

But then again i'm getting old. Its my birthday soon and you can all buy me Quicksilvers engine!+:D

I know what you mean mate. I just had the standard zorst re-fitted after having the baffle less Nur on and I quite like it.

I can creep up on thoose M3's now:D

Guest The Flash

This thread has been just what I was lookimg for after going to my first meet recently.

Standard noise on my car has always been the only (shallow) gripe I have had. Only really noticed Getaway's Drager for noise - and it sounded perfect.

From this thread it appears the NUR is obviously the better quality, but I get the impression it can get a bit much for everyday use. I want to be noticed more - but only up to a point.

I am searching through the site at the same time, but what are the performance implications of a new system? - and what ball park figure would include fitting et al?

Cheers

Flash

Flash - I didnt find the Nur annoying on a day to day use. I made sure I had the baffle as I thought it would be too loud, but never even used it.

It does get a little droney at about 85mph but other than that I thought it was great. Performance wise I don't think you get any extra BHP but you may notice a little more responsiveness.

As I said I used to lose traction off the lights when the 2 turbo came online, I don't now.

As for fitting it cost me £15 as I couldn't be arsed to do it myself, but would be very easy providing you can get under your car okay.

Either way you can get good prices from Gaz at ENVY performance.

HTH:)

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by The Flash

..... so you would have changed it before you quietly cruised past the Berko meet then of course!!!:D

That was "Stealth" mode. Next time I'll stick it:innocent:

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by JamesG

Matt, your car sounded awesome when I drove it. Did that have the baffle in or out?

James.

That was a CD he made of mine when I was down there. He plays it whenever he's driving:p

Originally posted by The Flash

This thread has been just what I was lookimg for after going to my first meet recently.

Standard noise on my car has always been the only (shallow) gripe I have had. Only really noticed Getaway's Drager for noise - and it sounded perfect.

From this thread it appears the NUR is obviously the better quality, but I get the impression it can get a bit much for everyday use. I want to be noticed more - but only up to a point.

I am searching through the site at the same time, but what are the performance implications of a new system? - and what ball park figure would include fitting et al?

Cheers

Flash

I'm looking for a new exhaust also within the next couple of weeks Flash..never know might get a bit of discount if we buy at the same time...;) Realistically what would we be looking to pay for either nur or the dragger with a de cat pipe??:)

Guest The Flash
Realistically what would we be looking to pay for either nur or the dragger with a de cat pipe??

Hiya Stu

Had a quick look at the Envy site. Prices seem to be around £585 for NUR and £520 for HKS. On top of this is delivery and fitting etc....

You know my level of technical knowledge on these things - the pictures looked nuce and shiny - so dont refer any further questions in this direction!

I may have to re-prioritise (Is that a word) anyway as the stock stereo in mine is so close to being ripped out and thrown over the nearest kerb (Dont get many cliffs in leighton Buzzard). Hold on though - think I have found the odd grand down the side of the sofa..... well whad'ya know

:D

Guest The Flash
Whats this I've found?? Oh its a credit card thats not been used..Mmmm shame to let it sit there eh!!

Too True!

Think given the minimal price difference and the apparant quality difference - I will plump for the NUR.

Anyone got any good helpful tips for a stereo upgrade?

Matt H - Have PM'd you on this - didnt want to Hi Jack a thread !! (So thats what I've just done :p )

Guest The Flash

Told you I was dumb

So the price I was looking at will still have the cat in it then ? Oh well, anyone want to buy a Grandmother ? (Am sure she'll understand the sacrifice is needed!!)

• 2 weeks later...