The mkiv Supra Owners Club

n/a owners

Dave

Guest johnnybbad

I would have gone for n/a or turbo really, it was the looks of the car that made me decide on a soop, not its speed or acceleration. I use my car as a daily driver so n/a is good in that respect. I was looking at an rx7 but rear seats are totally unusable. If some spotty boy racer in his saxo wants to race me at the lights i just dont take the bait, being on 9 points i cant afford to get caught speeding anyway :(

Guest johnnybbad
you mean even more unusable then the soop!

Yep, when i was looking for cars i took my 10 year old son round with me to see how much leg room there was in the back of the cars, damn near broke the little fellas legs trying to prise him into the back of an rx7 :)

to be honest mate,

before buying my supra na i did no research into supras at all.,

i couldnt afford an RX7 and needed a car right there and then and the supra was the nearest in my area,.

believe it or not i had no idea there was a TT version.,

however ill be selling my na next year for a TT i think.,

im going to investigate the reliability of the TT first tho - as my na has been 100% reliable just not quick.

fair comment m8 i think thats what ill be doing next year as i will have more funds available by then

I love my NA to bits, it looks sweet as and handles very well. What it lacks in power over other cars it definatly makes up for in handling :D

Know what other people mean though, I get fed up of peolpe asking me if its a TT and when I say "no" they have a little laugh to them selves and make some comment about it 'not being a real Supra then' !!! :angry:

All are mostly jealous tw@ts that can't affoed to drive such a nice car like a Supra, they drive round in there clapped out Punto's and Saxo's with a daft Jap style exhaust sticking 2 foot out the rear of the car and bass that high that every panel rattles to that quality sound they make!!!!! :lol:

Know my NA is up for sale at the minute but if situations with money change then I will definatly be keeping it, nothing else out there for this money that I would buy! I would have to spend over £20k I think to get something else that I would be as happy with, and then I might hate it for costing me so much.

NA's are great at the end of the day, they get the same respect out on the road as its big bro the TT does and have the same menacing road precence too!! I love my Supe :D :d :D

I love my NA to bits, it looks sweet as and handles very well. What it lacks in power over other cars it definatly makes up for in handling :D

Know what other people mean though, I get fed up of peolpe asking me if its a TT and when I say "no" they have a little laugh to them selves and make some comment about it 'not being a real Supra then' !!! :angry:

All are mostly jealous tw@ts that can't affoed to drive such a nice car like a Supra, they drive round in there clapped out Punto's and Saxo's with a daft Jap style exhaust sticking 2 foot out the rear of the car and bass that high that every panel rattles to that quality sound they make!!!!! :lol:

Know my NA is up for sale at the minute but if situations with money change then I will definatly be keeping it, nothing else out there for this money that I would buy! I would have to spend over £20k I think to get something else that I would be as happy with, and then I might hate it for costing me so much.

NA's are great at the end of the day, they get the same respect out on the road as its big bro the TT does and have the same menacing road precence too!! I love my Supe :D :d :D

:yeahthat:

But now in a Aristo.
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_grin.gif

Can't overly fault you mate, the Aristo is looked lovely when it was on Ebay and its practicle and quicker!! Look foward to seeing in in the flesh some time.

Will do mate, the lines are different of course to my NA, and the engine of course. Still like being a member of this club and seeing the convoys etc, quite funny when the Supra overtakes them, followed by the Aristo.

And that's a Na or a TT overtaking them, seems to shock em a little.

I'm going to try to get to the bubble inn this month if your all going to let you see the Aristo in the flesh. (and of course see Colin for some bling...)

Dave sorry for the hijack mate.

I will admit that sometimes I do feel that the NA is lacking in power (by no means do I mean that it's underpowered), but that is more than outweighed by the feeling I get from driving it most of the time.

The looks and the sound of it are to die for, The handling is amazing (thanks to my Tein coilovers) and the build quality is much better than most car's. And I still get the feeling of disbeleif that I actually own a mkiv supra, my dream car.

I have driven/ owned faster cars (albeit not a Supra TT), and while the acceleration and speed are a great rush, I feel more 'at home' behind the wheel of the NA.

I will be going NA-T in the near future, but I will still firmly beleive the NA Supra to be a great car.

The N/A is a fantastic car. Not everyone wants or needs a big horsepower monster. I'd love to have a play in a big power Supra, but for me, it's my daily driver, the car I've always looked whistfully at whenever I saw one, and quite powerful enough to embarass most things you meet on a daily basis.

Now that I've got my Tein Super Streets and Carbin strut brace, it handles like a dream and can be thrown around quite merrily (even in damp conditions). Next on the list are Carbon fibre bonnet, boot & doors and a respray in Kandy red, so it will finally look the business. After that, I'll get the engine looked at, tweeked and generally made as new and that'll be more or less it - I'll have something I can look at, drive and be proud of. Fact.

I know if I'd have bought a TT, then I would just be spending money hand over fist trying to squeeze all the power out of it I could. With an N/A there is a definite limit before big money has to be spent, and that's a good thing for those with a burning desire to spend money.

The N/A is a fantastic car. Not everyone wants or needs a big horsepower monster. I'd love to have a play in a big power Supra, but for me, it's my daily driver, the car I've always looked whistfully at whenever I saw one, and quite powerful enough to embarass most things you meet on a daily basis.

Now that I've got my Tein Super Streets and Carbin strut brace, it handles like a dream and can be thrown around quite merrily (even in damp conditions). Next on the list are Carbon fibre bonnet, boot & doors and a respray in Kandy red, so it will finally look the business. After that, I'll get the engine looked at, tweeked and generally made as new and that'll be more or less it - I'll have something I can look at, drive and be proud of. Fact.

I know if I'd have bought a TT, then I would just be spending money hand over fist trying to squeeze all the power out of it I could. With an N/A there is a definite limit before big money has to be spent, and that's a good thing for those with a burning desire to spend money.

thats it in a nutshell i could get a tt but will i be looking a the tt in the drive or my wallet with a masive hole in it>

sorry im hijackin my own thread but thats a nice supe you got there jim love the engine bay did you get all that done your self?

I got the Manifold and cam-covers from Envy, The power steering cap and hoses from Miami-GT and the rest of the shiny bit's from Colsoop.

Guest chiefvinso
I had to go back and read what prof monkey wrote because I'd no idea what he'd said that could be offensive. Think Ahh Aristo overreacted slightly, I thought the comment was obviously in jest.

I agree, anyhow threads always go off to different tracks - sorry for hijack in advance :)

I love my N/A and just looks stunning. Nothing beats the feeling of jumping in the soop and taking it for a proper drive. However recently I have had the urge for something a bit faster and thought about getting rid of it and spend some extra cash on a nissan 350z.

I am now thinking that I might just invest the cash I was going to spend on the 350z on an early supra TT as a weekend project car then I have the best of both worlds. A day to day drive supra and a faster supra for the weekends.