Bpu

Guest EncoreWRC

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I use a boost controller anyway because I use a 1 bar restrictor.

Are you saying your exhaust has replaced the second cat? Unusual.

not up on the exhaust things but i bought a cat back kakimoto exhaust that i think with go all the way up to the first cat, but the exhaust its self has a cat built in, so will always have one cat there, but want to remove the cat coming from the manifold and only rely on the cat back, am i on the right lines or is a cat back more restrictive? or will haveing that be ok and getting rid of the other cat

not up on the exhaust things but i bought a cat back kakimoto exhaust that i think with go all the way up to the first cat, but the exhaust its self has a cat built in, so will always have one cat there, but want to remove the cat coming from the manifold and only rely on the cat back, am i on the right lines or is a cat back more restrictive? or will haveing that be ok and getting rid of the other cat

Mark, which Kakimoto exhaust is it? Diagrams here of the different models, I can't remember them including a cat (could be wrong), are you sure it is a cat and not a second silencer box?

http://www.kakimotoracing.co.jp/01-01-01_t1.html#JZA80

A cat back exhaust means that you get complete exhaust, from the 2nd cat back to the tail pipe. Most exhausts are cat back and then the 2 cats are replaced with 1 or 2 separate straight through decat pipes. Saying that my ARC exhaust is a complete system from manifold to tail pipe, so there are exceptions.

Really? I've never heard that before.

It's been that long since my VVTi was on the road I can't remember if I've tried it decatted and without a restrictor

With you there Jake, I've not heard that before either.

So do the VVTi ceramic turbos have a bigger wastegate? The VVTi turbos have a different part number, but I thought they were essentially the same as the earlier models.

Mark, which Kakimoto exhaust is it? Diagrams here of the different models, I can't remember them including a cat (could be wrong), are you sure it is a cat and not a second silencer box?

A cat back exhaust means that you get complete exhaust, from the 2nd cat back to the tail pipe. Most exhausts are cat back and then the 2 cats are replaced with 1 or 2 separate straight through decat pipes. Saying that my ARC exhaust is a complete system from manifold to tail pipe, so there are exceptions.

TBH nic i only had a quick look at it last night as it was pissing it down with rain, but if it helps its the one from this thread as i have finally got it lol, i know the pic is not clear but i dunno you might know

but it does look like this one but i cant remember if it had ther middle piece in it

http://www.kakimotoracing.co.jp/image/gif/Regu06&R/T21345.gif

but it did have the thicker part like in this pic (not the box in the middle)

http://www.kakimotoracing.co.jp/image/gif/KR_image/TS345.gif

i will take a picture of it tonight, ta nic

I've ordered parts from Gaz at Envy and just asked him for a BPU set up.

On the list:

Blitz NUR Exhaust

Full Decat inc. Ring

FCD

Not on the list was a fuel pump-Should it have been on?

No. But it's a prudent addition.

To me, for less than £100 it's not worth risking whether the elderly stock pump can flow enough to keep the mixture rich enough under (the now increased by BPU) boost.

TBH nic i only had a quick look at it last night as it was pissing it down with rain, but if it helps its the one from this thread as i have finally got it lol, i know the pic is not clear but i dunno you might know

but it does look like this one but i cant remember if it had ther middle piece in it

[qimg]http://www.kakimotoracing.co.jp/image/gif/Regu06&R/T21345.gif[/qimg]

but it did have the thicker part like in this pic (not the box in the middle)

[qimg]http://www.kakimotoracing.co.jp/image/gif/KR_image/TS345.gif[/qimg]

i will take a picture of it tonight, ta nic

Looks to me like another silencer - the thicker part is probably an aborption silencer for eliminating the higher frequencies; the larger silencer is (the- other-kind-of-silencer-that-I-can't-quite-remember-cos-I-only-read-about-it-last-night) for reducing low frequencies.

as per the questions and answer from nic and jake thanks to both of you!!!!

here is some pics off the exhaust if any of you can shed light on it, the tube is pretty thick and with the bends in the pipe i cant see how it lines up, but i wont know for sure till i get my car back

so what is that i have bought lol

PICT1146.JPG

PICT1147.JPG

PICT1148.JPG

PICT1149.JPG

Quick question, Why do you have to upgrade the exhaust go to bpu? Can't you just decat the standard exhaust? Will an after mark zorst give me more power?

Cheers.

The stock cat-back exhuast is very restrictive so will stop it reaching the higher levels (1.2 bar).

Even putting the baffle in my RSR reduces boost by 0.1 bar.

i know its a kakimoto but got some pics from nic and none of them tie up so i have posted pics as it seems that there is no second cat

Was this the one that used to on Rays car? If so, its just a cat back, the 1st silencer is not a cat, just a small straight-through silencer, like the one on the NUR spec.

Was this the one that used to on Rays car? If so, its just a cat back, the 1st silencer is not a cat, just a small straight-through silencer, like the one on the NUR spec.

cheers homer, its just that nic posted in a few posts back saying that as far as he was aware that kakimoto did not make a cat back, so with the pipes on display in the pics has this got rid of the second cat?

ha ha very funny.........err read the other posts :p

i know its a kakimoto but got some pics from nic and none of them tie up so i have posted pics as it seems that there is no second cat

Doh missed those posts, sorry...

move on, nothing to see here :innocent:

cheers homer, its just that nic posted in a few posts back saying that as far as he was aware that kakimoto did not make a cat back, so with the pipes on display in the pics has this got rid of the second cat?

It looks just like a cat-back, its to short to replace the 2nd cat pipe. I'm sure they made them as (IIRC) Paul Whiffin was selling them a while back. Maybe PM Ray to ask about it?

I think you misunderstood what I wrote Mark, I couldn't remember a Kakimoto exhaust that include a CAT.

Agree with Homer it is a cat back exhaust and the first box is a silencer.

I think you misunderstood what I wrote Mark, I couldn't remember a Kakimoto exhaust that include a CAT.

Agree with Homer it is a cat back exhaust and the first box is a silencer.

yeah nic probably did, but still learning, we all have to do that some day lol