The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Running the Supra on tight budget for the love of it

mattanna

The trouble with this place is its to easy to get carried away spending money.

You see a group buy and think yea ill have one of them, or a trader posts up a good deal on somthing and i cant resist:innocent: :D

lmao :D just ignore the user than you cant see what they are selling :p

well what can i say soon to be a home owner (this thursday) after a messy divorce and relationship that didn't work out never thought i could afford a mortgage on my own on my wages but i've been proven wrong. oh boy it's going to be very hard work but i'll do my best to hold on to the car as my only means of transport!! i love it and so does my daughter(10) especially when i get to pick her up from school!!! but if it came to crunch time then i don't know. i waited a long long time to get a supra. SO got a nice car, got a nice daughter, getting a nice place of my own mmmm something missing!!!!:blink: oh i know it would be a nice woman:blonde: :kiss:

One thing that always make me laugh is those that buy this, that and the other for their cars, flash new wheels, single tubbies blah blah blah and then you find out they live at home still.

Kinda feel sorry for them at the inevitable financial shock that's coming. Before anyone says I'm jealous, well, no I'm not. I've not lived with financial support since I was sixteen. Worked hard for everything I have and realise that there are things that are more important than car bling.

thats pretty much my story. boy are those peeps coming down to earth with a bang:D

One thing you have to consider - I think you'll probably find the vast majority of members here aren't going out and spending a fortune on their car. It's just that the posts that stand out are the ones that are about "my new wheels" or "my new bodykit" or "my new engine bling" - nobody really bothers posting up that they've just spent 3 months of their holiday savings on a couple of new tyres and a service - I think there's probably plenty more of us out here that fall into that category.

My car has plenty paint scratches and the rims are in a pretty poor state, but by the time I've got another grand to spend on the car, it'll be going on a good old service and a pair of tyres, NOT on a new set of wheels and a re-spray!

The trouble with this place is its to easy to get carried away spending money.

You see a group buy and think yea ill have one of them, or a trader posts up a good deal on somthing and i cant resist:innocent: :D

I'm going to do a group buy next week for a simple bolt on part, which is gauranreed to give you 25% more hp, is very shiny and will make every woman want to sleep with you and every guy want to be you.

Major body organs, social life or souls accepted in payment :diablo:

Anyone interested?

I'm going to do a group buy next week for a simple bolt on part, which is gauranreed to give you 25% more hp, is very shiny and will make every woman want to sleep with you and every guy want to be you.

Anyone interested?

1. jamiep

Anyone interested?

If its what I think it is will it fit an NA and will you accept my wife and children as down payment. :)

Anyone interested?

WHICH MAJOR BODY ORGAN,AS IF I HAD ONE ALL WOMEN WOULD SLEEP WITH ME ANYWAY:d

I don't earn too much. Little more than half the average national wage in fact. We don't do too badly though. Luckily, my partner owns half the car and she pays out for half of all necessary work (BPU, new exhaust etc are for me to fund!), services and the like.

As she doesn't drive and probably won't ever she also feels obliged to help with the insurance, tax etc as I will run her everywhere.

So, team effort gets us a flash car.

Great are'nt they, she went half on my necessary single... bless:innocent:

Including fuel / mot / servicing / ins / road tax / repairs, over the last 24 months the Foster fleet has cost...

Wifes Rover 200....£3,780

Daughters Megane....£4,470

Sons Mini......£5,080

My Supe.....£4,100

Not inc tyres / dep

Thats around £13,000 over the last two years on cars I dont drive...Shame I cant spend that £6,500 a year on the Supe. Sorry Nic etc.