The mkiv Supra Owners Club

just bought my first supra!!

Guest no1_boyracer

Guest no1_boyracer

lol

the red button means that you can take it out of park without the brake/clutch.

what proof do ya want? you want some links to the sites lol?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest no1_boyracer

most of the stuff iv been in goes to the states. main producers r shoot and load also silver pro as well as loads of minor stuff

Funnily enough, I spotted some wheels on eBay, which are identical to (e.g. they *are*) Wheel Mania Pacifics.. some name beginning with D I think it was. I guess WM maybe have some kind of agreement on being the only people selling them over here, under their own re-badge.

Still, the price directly from WM, via their eBay listings, is extremely low anyway (£599 w/out tyres). Bargain.

If that's the case they're probably cheap Taiwanese made wheels, that have been badged as WM, not usually the best of quality in most cases.

If that's the case they're probably cheap Taiwanese made wheels, that have been badged as WM, not usually the best of quality in most cases.

I think at £599 for 2x 19" x 9.5" & 2x 19" x 8.5" , we've probably established that they're not very good quality at all ;)

Guest no1_boyracer
I think at £599 for 2x 19" x 9.5" & 2x 19" x 8.5" , we've probably established that they're not very good quality at all ;)

but wheel mania do that as a special price just on ebay knowing that they will make ££ on the tyres (they wont sell budget ones). I payed £1150 but the bottom price of 18s they charge is £1500.

I had a good look at them and the quality is there!! remember what cars i used to own - marcos had hand made 3 piece split rims at £1k a corner and these are much better quality. just cuz they ent 'veilside' etc doesnt mean they ent top notch. most of the time with top price wheels you are paying for the name!!

With a quality set of wheels, you also pay for the material used, which manufacturing process ie. casting or forging, manufacturing quality ie. how true and balanced the final wheel is and quality control ie. xray inspection of the wheel, etc.

It is relatively easy to manufacture a decent looking wheel, a lot more complex producing a decent quality wheel.

slagging of a new members wheels is not the best way to welcome them to the club

Sorry I didn't mean to offend, just pointing out that there are reasons why some wheels are more expensive than other. Yes some of it may be the brand name, but it is also the quality of the production in most cases.