- lee s

- sexy-jo

- robert

- mr.b

- supragold

- kopite

- whitesupratt

- Pig

Any help needed, gimmi a shout. Once you have decided on a date dont forget to add it to the calender!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dee_rz

- owenreme

- markymark

- damanc

- supraloopy

- ouch got me

- edd t

- lee s

- sexy-jo

- robert

- mr.b

- supragold

- kopite

- whitesupratt

- Pig

-dee_rz

added i'd be interested let me know of the date when set :cool:

1. owenreme

2. markymark

3. damanc

4. supraloopy

5. ouch got me

6. edd t

7. lee s

8. sexy-jo

9. robert

10. mr.b

11. supragold

12. kopite

13. whitesupratt

14. Pig

15. dee_rz

16. mazkarim

Whilst I can understand Peter's frustration that there are not more members signing up for this, I think you need to remember that not everyone lives within close proximity of Essex. I live in Oxfordshire and it is an approximate 240 mile round trip - not exactly a quick jaunt eh?

But still worth it CJ

I think that depends on what you consider "worth it". I see many more events advertised throughout the country that could equally claim to be worth it but very often they too are poorly attended.

All Pigs are welcome to attend and WILL NOT be roasted or eaten! ;)

On a more serious note i'll be finding out the costs involved in hiring the guys that do the hog roast as I seem to think they may be quite expensive to hire! If the numbers can warrant the additional cost then thats not a worry but the main aim of the day is to earn as much for the charity as possible whilst having a great time.

If we go just BBQ it'll mean greater range of food i.e burgers, hotdogs, chicken legs, salads etc........

Can anyone with vegetarian requirements PM me to get an idea on numbers and possible alternatives such as Quorn maybe?!

Thanks again and keep adding your names guys and galz!

CJ - I understand that entirely but not everyone will have as far to travel and even if they do what could be more fun than cruising down in a convoy (hopefully with the sun shining!) to a BBQ and meet with other owners?! There must be more than 13 owners in East Anglia probably Essex alone!!!! :D

I attended TOTB II and that was Yorkshire!!!!!! There and back in a day was a major roadtrip!!!! Good laugh though! :)

Pete :cool:

I just read what I had written and it came across as a snipe. It wasn't meant that way at all and I apologise if it did.

I was trying to point out (in a not very clear manner) that most of these events are not well attended and it is not worth geting annoyed over. The only ones I can think of that are well attended are TOTB and JAE. That being the case, maybe we should be considering a national event with camping facilities etc. :)

I just read what I had written and it came across as a snipe. It wasn't meant that way at all and I apologise if it did.

I was trying to point out (in a not very clear manner) that most of these events are not well attended and it is not worth geting annoyed over. The only ones I can think of that are well attended are TOTB and JAE. That being the case, maybe we should be considering a national event with camping facilities etc. :)

Camping weekend......sounds like a plan:)

1. owenreme

2. markymark

3. damanc

4. supraloopy

5. ouch got me

6. edd t

7. lee s

8. sexy-jo

9. robert

10. mr.b

11. supragold

12. kopite

13. whitesupratt

14. Pig

15. dee_rz

16. mazkarim

17.s crane&diane

18. BlackBeauty

19.Mich

Your wish may be my command!! :D

I'm going to ask the Landlady if we could use the lower lawn at the pub to pitch some tents on the Saturday evening for anyone wishing to travel down and be on-site for the Sunday event.

I can't see this will be a big problem although it would mean a relatively early start for any happy campers as the area in question will be needed later in the day for seating etc!

I think I've narrowed the potential dates down to 2 possibilities both in July. We can either do Sat 8th and Sun 9th or Sat 15th and Sun 16th???

What I suggest is using the current list with the 19 usernames already signed up, please indicate which dates are best for you. If you can do either, please just write 'BOTH' next to your name or '8th/9th' '15th/16th'.

We will aim to find the dates which will best suit the majority in order to gain maximum attendance.

On a separate note I am going to look into finding a portable RWD rolling road which we can setup on the day for some powerruns as it seems a suitable venue given the number of conversations usualy heard at the pub about massive BHP outputs!! :D Obviously it'll depend on the costs involved and whether we can find a suitable number of cars to make the trip worthwhile for the owners of the rolling road. Watch this space!!!! :)

I've managed to scribble down an initial menu which i'll post up at lunchtime to give people an idea of what food will be available. If there are suggestions for items i've not listed please send me a PM.

Thanks again all and hopefully with a good few weeks to get things organised, this will be a great and exciting day out for all of you and all for the benefit of a worthy charitable cause.

Cheers,

Pete :)

1. owenreme

2. markymark

3. damanc

4. supraloopy

5. ouch got me

6. edd t

7. lee s

8. sexy-jo

9. robert - 8th/9th

10. mr.b

11. supragold

12. kopite

13. whitesupratt

14. Pig

15. dee_rz

16. mazkarim

17.s crane&diane

18. BlackBeauty

19.Mich

Might as well make it a round 20..... top idea pete.

1. owenreme

2. markymark

3. damanc

4. supraloopy

5. ouch got me

6. edd t

7. lee s

8. sexy-jo

9. robert - 8th/9th

10. mr.b

11. supragold

12. kopite

13. whitesupratt

14. Pig

15. dee_rz

16. mazkarim

17.s crane&diane

18. BlackBeauty

19.Mich

20. SteveL

Keep it up please guys and gals with the suggested dates and what you can attend.

Ok, I mentioned a possible menu earlier which is as follows:

- Burgers (all sauces, cheese etc available)

- Hotdogs (again with the sauces etc)

- Chicken Legs

- Jacket Potatos with beans or cheese or both! or plain!

- A Salad Style bar with cold meats, potato salad, Quiche, Mixed Salad, Crisps and a selection of dips

I think that should hopefully cover most bases as any vegetarians can go with the potatos or salad bar and if I can get enough advance warning i'll try to arrange some Quorn or Linda McCartney burgers/sausages in advance.

I've made some enquires regarding the hire of a portable rolling road and will let you know when I get any replies.

Can I have a show of numbers who'd possibly want their cars put on the dyno please?? Obviously the cost of a run will be a major factor but I will post the prices up when known.

Thanks again.

Pete :)

1. owenreme

2. markymark

3. damanc

4. supraloopy

5. ouch got me

6. edd t

7. lee s

8. sexy-jo

9. robert - 8th/9th

10. mr.b