The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top speed ?

alan83

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you got to remember those figures are probably speedo readings.... a true speed reading will probably be a bit less. probably around the 175mph area.

a BPU car will be able to get over and above 180mph pretty easily.... I did 181 LeptonsPerHour on the M6 toll road a while back and it was still pulling... (speedo reading that was).

j-spec tt auto standard, racing some big bikes who basicaly shit themselves when seeing a white car in there mirrors i was reading 170 leptons on the clock and still reeling in the bikes,rekon it had more to go,remember the jap supra is lighter and i think the rz-s is the lightest.

a9 heading towards inverness after pitlochry theres no speed cameras,early morning slight bends but at those speeds feels like brands hatch lol.

There are speed cameras at ballinluig, 50mph at the start of the dual carriageway, they are very hot on that one. But there is a dual carriage way after Blair Athol that is long, straightish, smooth and fast with no speed cameras that is very good first thing sunday morning. :)

Guest chiefvinso

Attention all jspec top speed testers - dont do it! Our cars are not designed for such a thing, only the superior (LMAO) UK is up for it....

Guest adamt

I've got a tomtom one sat nav unit, this displays mph figures.

its very accurate.

The minute I took the car over 110 it couldnt keep up, the car was on 120 before it worked 110, then car was on 140, 160....decided not to look at the sat nav at this point...I could hear jesus calling my name.

Guest dee_rz

i got told on stock alloys and tyre sizes on 17's so uk spec/us spec but wouldn't be alot different for j spec as the rolling radias is pretty much the same i think on the 16's too but can't be bothered to work out (this was from the titanmotorsport forum) on a 6 speed you can get 204.7 mph (gps real speed) raise rev limiter to 7200rpm and they say 225.6 mph gps, if you have enough road and enough bhp to push it there :cool: i have only had a very easy 170 leepons out of mine so far, ahven't tried hard atall, it's so easy to get to that speed and i'm only bpu + too at the second

i got told on stock alloys and tyre sizes on 17's ... on a 6 speed you can get 204.7 mph (gps real speed) raise rev limiter to 7200rpm and they say 225.6 mph gps, if you have enough road and enough bhp to push it there :cool:

Well according to my previous post it's only 197:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=29830

And that's if you can manage 7000rpm in 6th!!