The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top speed ?

alan83

whats the rev limit on the sup,? iam sure mines been just above 7000 with no limiter cut in.

wasnt in 6th dont think id have the confidence in the running gear at that speed.

if u had a blow out and spun, the car would take off in a nascar styleee:D :( :D :( :D :( thats the barrel rolles:D :( :D :( still going.............

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chiefvinso
God you're a complete idiot.

Why for cracking a joke? :( Or I know, I havent been around long enough to be allowed to have ha laff :D

Or are you referring to "God"

Can't you people just stop bitching and enjoy your cars?

So what if Toyota chose to make various versions of the car --- each has different merits.

One has no turbo lag (or turbo boost for that matter), another is better geared for sustained high speed runs, etc etc.

.....so what's with the elitism?

There's room on the roads for all.

Guest chiefvinso
He he, I should run for public office, I managed to keep a straight face while spouting diplomatic bollox :sly:

Do you really mean it? Brought a tear to my eye as I thought there was some kind of unification happening! :D

HKS SLD supposedly removes the 155 limit. It does, but moves it up to 169mph as I found out on the autobahn. Removing the trac fuse means no restriction, and believe me my car revved a long way past the previous 169mph limit right to the cut (on big twins etc). Saying as it made the cut also with hybrids/cams etc (uk car) I conclude the Supra has much more top speed than people realise or have the balls to do. Even on the RR using the smaller 265/35/18 it measured the top speed on 6th @ 194mph, surely a RR is pretty accurate?. Blitz power meter was reading the same.

All IMO of course.

OK guys bitch away at me :)

to be able to reach 200mph you need around 500bhp purely to overcome the air resistance. (unless you have a car with a Cd coefficient drastically low). Sure enough the Supra is geared for 196mph and can reach it on a RR but a RR doesn't re-created the massive drag created by 200mph air speeds, it purely creates a braking force to meet the engines torque output.

When I did 181 on the M6 toll (I know, I'm a bad man - but it was in Leptons per hour), it took a while to get there even in my BPU UK-spec and although there was still some acceleration left I think the max speed of my car (with around 400bhp) would top out at around 190-192ish.... which in real speed terms if accuractely measured would be around 185ish.