The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BHP figures?

ADD

unusual but not impossible to run 1 bar with only one cat in especially in the cold weather.

i believe from advice i've had from others on this forum 1.2 bar is the general safety limit but have also heard some people going to 1.3+. It all depends on what condition your tubbies are in. Another major thing to bare in mind is whether your car has the correct fueling etc to cope with the extra boost, as theres no point otherwise.

someone explained it to me like this....if you burn the candle at both ends it will burn out quicker but to what extent knowbody knows.

My old auto TT with an hks TI and both cats in used to hit 1Bar in cold weather:p

has anyone ran jspec turbos at 1.4 bar and did they survive?

Plenty, the problem is not the turbo's themselves, it's the fueling and diminising gains.

1.2 bar and the turbos are already out of their effciency range, go higher and they are way out. In very basic terms this results in a considerably higher charge temp, which negates the higher pressure. In reality, it means that you engine is far higher stressed but with little to no power gain.

Boost = more power, increased risk of piston meltdown

Higher charge temp = less power, further increased risk of piston meltdown

Then you have fueling and ignition timing to factor in. It's been shown time and again over the years that it's simply pointless going over 1.2 bar on the jspecs. UK's maybe a little more, but only a tiny amount, at least they have the extra fueling to safeguard things a little.

i...the last rr day i had 367bhp and 401ft/lb torque,that was bpu running 1 bar of boost and since then all i have done is add a boost controller.was going to run it at 1.2 bar or can anyone tell me if i could go higher?cheers.

As others may also think, I wouldn't bother going higher with no other mods - the dimishing returns start hitting hard, the risk of blowing it up starts getting serious.