The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK spec acceleration + speed manual vs auto

J-S14A

Tiptronic, what a laugh...

It's for those with arms so short that they can't reach to the lever or find it too complicated to engage in 'manu' mode. (haircut anyone?:blonde: )

That's all it does.

As for the references to the UKSpec....just ask yourselves: Why does swapping parts to UKSpec is an 'upgrade' for you?

Those who can't reach the Holy Grail call it a plastic cup.

Envy is understandable.

So be it. :D

Thats mainly the brakes, and only cos its too fast.....:) especially if its black :D

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Injectors, headlights, (wheels for those not on 17's), fuel pump etc etc.

But yeah, black is usually faster, unless you have AJI infront in a Silver one :p

Its sily though, they're all Supras and all cool :D I think every which is better thread just needs to be closed before this discussion crap takes off all the time ;)

Thats mainly the brakes, and only cos its too fast.....:) especially if its black :D

It's also the injectors.

And the fuel pump.

And the AFC that you don't need because you ain't got an ECU mapped for small injectors.

And the headlights.

Nice 17"wheels are extra.

And the leather.

And the extra rads.

And the testosterone-pumped scoop

It's a whole new lifestyle choice dammit

ok,can I just say "get over it!" :p

most imported j-spec cars are already at this spec level or better anyway so who cares.

Admittedly my headlights need cleaning (dammit) but at least I havn't got the scoop or dildos that I'd be trying to remove as we speak (type)!

The dildii need removing, granted.

They're an embarrassment.

The scoop is functional and cool.

The diff cooler is just a potential leak source.

And that's it.

Well, believe it or not, I have a car that had dildos fitted on an aftermarket front nose - what was Ibrar thinking about! ;)

300kph is the limit for the autobox. Tested some times on german Autobahn. At 300kph you are in the rev limiter. The manual is a little bit faster about 10 or 20kph.

But the stock turbos need a long time to go so fast because they lose the power at high revs.

I my case, I drive a "Single" with autobox and I gave the engine 500 revs more and drive easily over the 300kph also with the AUTO. After a built gearbox I think it is in every category better.

The only thing..... 6-speed is more fun in my opinion and better for race track, but If you like to drive on racetrack....

Buy an EVO.

Daily driving to work with my EVO... LOL

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4296/dsc003319hu.th.jpg

Cheers

Peter

LOL

I let you know If I reach it anytime..

That's how we used to compete with turbo bikes. The gearing was much longer than stock, but the wheel sizes were standard.

So the speedo would go into 'neverland' territory.

The question would be: did you touch "K", "M", "H" or the dash? :D

Do you mean a good one and a bad one, or a heavily modified one and a fairly standard one?

The latter, he must have spent more than double the worth of the original value of the first car repainting, re-trimming the interior, single turbo,mapped and with a built auto box to suit his tastes etc - he'll tell ya more I'm sure.

And the blue one is just stock turbo modded I think?

Tiptronic, what a laugh...

It's for those with arms so short that they can't reach to the lever or find it too complicated to engage in 'manu' mode. (haircut anyone?:blonde: )

That's all it does.

Yes, that's all it does. BUT! Its much much more accessible than shifting with the auto stick...and more fun.

I like my auto tip and wouldn't swap it for a manual for anything.

I guess it depends what you want to do with the car- I'm willing to be proven wrong, but even after a ride in Terry's car, I can't see a single set-up working as well on an auto as it does on the manual car.

As for the acceleration thing- I always assumed a 6spd would own an auto off the line (stock vs stock)- granny starts vs racing starts, but on give and take roads I'd have thought the auto would be quicker, but not as fun as the manual car. On a 0-170+ drag race I'd have thought the 6spd would be a fair bit quicker once the auto changes into that bloody long overdrive at 130ish.

One mans meat is another mans poison- drive both and see what floats your boat.

you will be wanting computer asisted or controlled steering next ;)

driving is a human thing, computers don't need to get from A to B :p

although I bet those skilled rally drivers (the most skilled of all IMHO) really wished they had an auto 4 speed box to better their track times with.

There is more to life than a drag time!

Look at F1, more in common with an auto trans than a manual in operation.