The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How long does it take you to wash the car ???

klump

Supe cleaning is a very social affair, Keith is fantastic at polishing up the large panels, I'm great for interior detailing, trim dressing and wheels.

Its a team event, but we've realised that doing the full monty on both in one day is just not sensible!

I'd love to see you doing the full monty with a soapy bucket of water in one hand and a sponge in the other

:slapped: :slap: :diablo:

The longest I've ever spent is probably about 3 or 4 hours but when its cold outside and the cars dirty again in a few days I dont really enjoy it so much so a 10 minute jet wash every week is more normal at the moment.

I did wash and wax about 2 weeks ago but I was so cold I didnt get much out of it plus its so dirty again now!

Depends on circumstances / spare time really.

Just a quick wash and dry - about 40 mins or so, drying takes longer than washing! I never felt the need to dry a car before, untill I got a black one, doh! (that McGuires gold class shampoo seems to be good stuff).

Unless I have a good few hours / whole day spare to give the whole car the full works, what I've started doing instead is polishing up a panel or two when I wash it, taking a couple of hours. Did the front the other day, clay, polish, wax etc. This way it spreads the load out over time, and it's easier to find a couple of hours spare say first thing in the morning, than half a day or so.

Guest Flat4_ire
its my business flat4 ire, results thats all that matters mate , and if someone is prepared to pay good money , they will get the best valet i can do

ahh sorry if you do valeting then its a diff story

Made the stupid decision to start cleaning the car today at 2:45 , and just finished now. Anyone from Preston area will really know how stupid it was. I'd just finished washing, rinsing and claying, and was about to dry the car when it started raining :angry: I got the car into the garage, and spent the next hour and half polishing the car in a confined space. Tomorrow I'll be finishing her off with either Autoglym Extra deep shine, or the Ultra Protection, then onto the plastic bits and interior. so currently at just under 5 hours, and I HAVEN'T FINISHED.

but as said it's therapeutic, and it's an excellent way of relaxing. I just wish I didn't have so many swirl marks and chips, anyone got any suggestions for the best solution to get rid of them ?

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
Made the stupid decision to start cleaning the car today at 2:45 , and just finished now. Anyone from Preston area will really know how stupid it was. I'd just finished washing, rinsing and claying, and was about to dry the car when it started raining :angry: I got the car into the garage, and spent the next hour and half polishing the car in a confined space. Tomorrow I'll be finishing her off with either Autoglym Extra deep shine, or the Ultra Protection, then onto the plastic bits and interior. so currently at just under 5 hours, and I HAVEN'T FINISHED.

but as said it's therapeutic, and it's an excellent way of relaxing. I just wish I didn't have so many swirl marks and chips, anyone got any suggestions for the best solution to get rid of them ?

Mike

Swirl marks - Machine Polish

Stone chips - Respray :cool: