The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My best mod so far!

Pete

im with the olduns on this one....ha ha sorry guys :boxing:

Why try and fix something that aint broke......when Toyota devolped the supra, huge deep dish Alloys were not even around back then

Toyota are one of the biggest in the business, I am sure they would have stuck these huge wheels on the car from the start if they were needed ...

Yes I agree, looks wise the after market ones take 1st place in most cases, but for functionality, reliability and drive.....standard all the way for me

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have you decated the tt or was that on the na??

Double decatted both of them mate.

are you binning the wheels or ebaying?

I always liked the Volks. I'm undecided at the mo. I might recon them for show/summer use when I'm a bit more flush.

If you guys believe stock is best then dont contradict yourselves and get your car de-catted, raised boost, aftermarket exhausts etc ... Afterall Toyota didnt make the Supra like that from the factory ;)

Stay boring like you are.

Old farts.

hahahaaaaaaaaaa :D

If you guys believe stock is best then dont contradict yourselves and get your car de-catted, raised boost, aftermarket exhausts etc ... Afterall Toyota didnt make the Supra like that from the factory ;)

Stay boring like you are.

Old farts.

hahahaaaaaaaaaa :D

true! but each to there own taste. I hate standard personally, i think the front nose with stock 4x4 suspension and the dinky 16's my supra came with were just...cute! i wanted a more agresive stance and slicker looks, yeah the ride is alot harsher with 19's and the lowered springs, but if you get the off set correct and all the other fundementals the ride is'nt to bad, when it come to puting my foot down i only do it when im racing on say a dual carriageway or motorway, i dont even try to corner at high speeds beacuse i know my car wont be able to handle it to well compared to the the stock set up, but if i did have the stock setup i still would not corner at high speeds. But that's just my 2p's worth.

im sure ya all have your own vision of what the supra looks and handles best in.

It's not contradiction at all.

I like stock looks. I dislike fibre glass as a material to bolt onto my every day car.

Stock wheels = Better handling.

Performance mods = :D :D :D

It's not contradiction at all.

I like stock looks. I dislike fibre glass as a material to bolt onto my every day car.

Stock wheels = Better handling.

Performance mods = :D :D :D

Im very suprised...

Theres me thinking you would have said something along the lines of:

Performance mods are not stock hence they decrease the life of the engine. It can also compromise the saftey of the car, i.e more power = the need for better brakes etc....

Im with you Pete. Didn't you know stock is the new modified :p

Decat pipes dont hurt anything that toyota designed, they improve things, albeit with a little less economy and a reduced life on the old ceramics.

De cat pipes will actually give BETTER economy if the potentially greater power isn't used. No manufacturer would fit unnecessary retriction in the exhaust, given a freedom from emissions constraints. Removing back pressure increses efficiency as well as performance, so it's a win / win situation :)

i read so much bad pub about the 19" wheels im going to change as im a driver at heart. shame as the split rims look great and was an influence in the purchace me thinking it was a performance upgrade same as the hks filter(now back on the airbox). when i put the 17"s on will the handling be great even though ive eibach lowering springs to go with the new bilsteins. i dont really want to replace the springs as well

De cat pipes will actually give BETTER economy if the potentially greater power isn't used. No manufacturer would fit unnecessary retriction in the exhaust, given a freedom from emissions constraints. Removing back pressure increses efficiency as well as performance, so it's a win / win situation :)

Another new thing learnt, thanks. :)

Mind you i don't know anyone who has de cats and doesn't "use the power" occasionally :p

when i put the 17"s on will the handling be great even though ive eibach lowering springs to go with the new bilsteins. i dont really want to replace the springs as well

I have lower Eibachs and Yellow billies on mine. How I bought it. Seems ok for now but will hopefully receive attention from mr Wilson to check properly when I've finished buying RLTC and other bits.

....I dislike fibre glass as a material to bolt onto my every day car....

You'd dislike it even more if you had any idea of how a carbon fibre (aftermarket) bonnet would perform in a head-on crash.

People assume that they will deform just like the stock steel/aluminum parts.

Well they don't, and the angle it hits the windsceen (which has shattered milliseconds after the crash) will determine if your head will stay on your shoulders milliseconds later.

Maybe the airbag will stop it, lol...

Well i like the look of a standard looking Supra, but i also like the look of a tastfully done modified supra.

I hear what both sides are saying but you are gonna have to both agree to disagree. Some stock parts are better than aftermarket parts and some aftermarket parts are better than some stock parts. If you like your supra to be a supra as Toyota intended then you can go ahead and say you own a stock one. But those who like to drive their car with anything that makes it faster and cleaner to drive will have to admit that they have modified (That includes all back box's, decats etc....).

I hear what both sides are saying but you are gonna have to both agree to disagree.

Where's the fun in that? ;)

Some stock parts are better than aftermarket parts and some aftermarket parts are better than some stock parts. If you like your supra to be a supra as Toyota intended then you can go ahead and say you own a stock one.

I don't think anybody said they want to keep their car stock? Stock looking...but not stock performance.