The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My best mod so far!

Pete

Mines still got the standard 16" wheels. I was going to change them for standard 17" wheels but couldn’t find any when I needed tyres. I would like to get some standard 17”s though.

I've also upgraded the exhaust which sounds lovely when I'm in the mood for it, but it didn’t do much if anything for the performance (non turbo) and noticeably reduced the fuel economy.

Everyone has different tastes, but I personally dislike comic book body kits which are all overpriced IMO. Some modified cars look amazing, some don’t. I think the most stupid mod is removing the airbag steering wheel for a non airbag model! Or removing the passenger airbag for dials.

Isn’t it legal to modify your car in some countries?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd dislike it even more if you had any idea of how a fibreglass (aftermarket) bonnet would perform in a head-on crash.

People assume that they will deform just like the stock steel/aluminum parts.

Well they don't, and the angle it hits the windsceen (which has shattered milliseconds after the crash) will determine if your head will stay on your shoulders milliseconds later.

Maybe the airbag will stop it, lol...

Please explain how fibreglass will chop your head off? :blink:

I saw a photograph, I think from Germany, and it was awful.

Even I hadn't thought that an aftermarket part could literally turn lethal. The c.f. bonnet had gone through the cabin. Maybe the catches were substandard, who knows, but it didn't buckle or move like stock ones are meant to do. It stayed in one piece, intact.

Scary.

Looks like carbon fibre body parts behave totally different under compression.

I saw a photograph, I think from Germany, and it was awful.

Even I hadn't thought that an aftermarket part could literally turn lethal. The c.f. bonnet had gone through the cabin. Maybe the catches were substandard, who knows, but it didn't buckle or move like stock ones are meant to do. It stayed in one piece, intact.

Scary.

Looks like carbon fibre body parts behave totally different under compression.

Ahhh you mean carbonfibre oki, in your previous message i think you said fibreglass... Carbonfibre yep nasty stuff, pretty sharp when snapped! :blink: ouch

I'd love to know just how many Supes still have stock wheels ?

30-40% ?

Mine does ... but only until I get my lightweight 18's fitted.

I'm keeping my stock 17s on.

At least until I can work out how to fit some 22s with chrome spinners/:rolleyes: