Bonnet Scoop

paconnors

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobbeh get over what!

Just asked you a question in response to your statement.

Tell me what. Answer the original question.. and find me a JDM from whatever country, car that has run a quicker time on stock turbos than they have in the US.

UK/EURO/US/JDM car doesnt make any beans with me, I've said this before, but people are talking about the performance of the turbos fitted, and I still havent seen a ceramic turbo car outperform those with the steel bladed type.

As there are about 1000:1 ratio of JDM cars in the UK to UK specs I'd expect there to be a faster tuned one, wouldnt you? :rolleyes:

Answer the original question.. and find me a JDM from whatever country, car that has run a quicker time on stock turbos than they have in the US.

The USA has a much bigger scene for tuning Supras and drag racing in general. Almost none of the Supras over there have J-spec turbos so it's hardly suprising that the good times 1/4 mile times they get are not with ceramic turbos, is it?

Guest Terry S
Tell me what. Answer the original question.. and find me a JDM from whatever country, car that has run a quicker time on stock turbos than they have in the US.

UK/EURO/US/JDM car doesnt make any beans with me, I've said this before, but people are talking about the performance of the turbos fitted, and I still havent seen a ceramic turbo car outperform those with the steel bladed type.

As there are about 1000:1 ratio of JDM cars in the UK to UK specs I'd expect there to be a faster tuned one, wouldnt you? :rolleyes:

Why not be realistic and look at the UK vs JDM BPU times. They are almost identical:rolleyes: ;)

And while we are talking turbos you may be interested to know the JDM's have bigger wheels in than the UK's.

I have already said they both have their merits Bobbeh, you just seem to love a fight sometimes

The debate is about what turbos are good for power/spooling/racing/reliability, so I point to them as they have far more than what we do here. They have done just about everything to the SUpra over there, so why has no one opted to put on JDM spec turbos as a performance upgrade replacement. Because its not.

Saying about the numbers is like Terry talking about UK times here, obviously the numbers here are totally outweighed by the JDM models floating around.

My point is - world wide stock turbo times, the US times are king (USING UK/US/EURO SPEC TURBOS) and this includes all JDM tuned models in Japan... so you lot to continuously try to slag off them for being inferior is totally ridiculous.

Why not be realistic and look at the UK vs JDM BPU times. They are almost identical:rolleyes: ;)

To answer your question.

Almost none of the Supras over HERE have J-spec turbos so it's hardly suprising that the good times 1/4 mile times they get are not with ceramic turbos, is it?

Reverse it.

Guest Terry S
The debate is about what turbos are good for power/spooling/racing/reliability, so I point to them as they have far more than what we do here. They have done just about everything to the SUpra over there, so why has no one opted to put on JDM spec turbos as a performance upgrade replacement. Because its not.

Saying about the numbers is like Terry talking about UK times here, obviously the numbers here are totally outweighed by the JDM models floating around.

My point is - world wide stock turbo times, the US times are king (USING UK/US/EURO SPEC TURBOS) and this includes all JDM tuned models in Japan... so you lot to continuously try to slag off them for being inferior is totally ridiculous.

To use your own expression Bobbeh, get over it;)

I never slagged UK's off, Jake has already pointed to the sheer size of the US scene which is a very valid argument.

So because the US guys run the same turbo's as the UK, does that mean that the UK diff cooler is shite because the US didnt get them, or that the bonnet scoop, glass lights etc etc are not as good? Of course not.

This is a futile argument. They both have plus and minus points.

Guest chiefvinso

Cor, go to a meeting and next thing its all gone on! :respekt: Cheers for input everyone.

Bobbeh, I know of the scoops functionality but I was questioning its performance gain in our country. I dont see why a uk spec needs one as we too have speed limits :eyebrows: , just like europe - except germany has that extra bit.

Until I see proof that the uk spec is better than a jspec (whether it be track time, quarter mile) its still a supra and I like them even if they have a silly thing stuck on the bonnet or not a proper gearbox!! :eyebrows: :respekt:

I dont think you understand where I'm coming from, Im not the one calling the other shite, or trying to. Im just trying to cut through the waves of bullshit that constantly come up when it comes to this.

Sure the size of the US scene is going to influcence, in EXACTLY the same way as the import scene here is much larger than the existing UK models, so that cancels out your question/jibe from earlier.

But dont forget the entire JDM market, and that in Austrailia + middle east who also love to drag with JDM imports, and Im pretty sure these markets in total add up to more than that in the US.

At the end of the day, the UK/US spec turbo is proven to run better times, so for anyone to try and mock their performance is well, wrong.

Bobbeh, I know of the scoops functionality but I was questioning its performance gain in our country. I dont see why a uk spec needs one as we too have speed limits :eyebrows: , just like europe - except germany has that extra bit.

There is no performance gain from the scoop other than trying to help keep engine temps down and to aid reliablilty.

True we've got the 70mph limits, but people can still travel into Europe, I think generally this country pays more and expect a higher spec model anyway. It was the same with my old mans Celica.

Guest chiefvinso
I have just wasted 10 minutes of my life reading this thread. At least when Dude was around it was amusing. This is just pathetic.

What did dude do to make things spicy?

Guest chiefvinso
There is no performance gain from the scoop other than trying to help keep engine temps down and to aid reliablilty.

True we've got the 70mph limits, but people can still travel into Europe, I think generally this country pays more and expect a higher spec model anyway. It was the same with my old mans Celica.

I dont think that it is a higher spec, if things like coolers are put on something then obviously there is a heating issue. :)