The mkiv Supra Owners Club

London Tunnel Run 06 - Sat 14th January

Guest supra_bhp

Encouraging words, thanks for those...

If anyone is planning on attending please remember we do not race the route, the idea is that all cars have a map and can make their own way around the planned event with collection points on the way to re-group and an opportunity at the end to have the mother of all photo opportunities !!

The Tunnel Run organisers do not condone any bending/breaking or smashing of the rules of the road.

Friendly BIB will be in attendance throughout the event, do not compromise this, them or any future tunnel events please.

Enjoy and i look forward to meeting some of you this evening !

Justin/Tunnelmeister

Justin will people be using PMR radios to keep us up to date on route etc? Is there a specific channel we should be on? :)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tunnelmeister
Justin will people be using PMR radios to keep us up to date on route etc? Is there a specific channel we should be on? :)

We have no need for them previously as its been fairly low key, i have a hot line to the BIB and they have one to me to sort out any issues on route...

Everyone will have mapsa nd as long as they obey the Highway code should have no problems, this is not a Convoy !

Tunnelmeister

:welcome: Justin...

Thanks for dropping in!

Let me assure you that we're a careful bunch in here. We're too much in love with our cars to disrespect them, let alone the rules of the road. It's a good hearted event for car lovers and I'd like to think that everyone attending wouldn't want to jeopardise it's future... :thumbs:

Hope we see you in person down there. :zen:

Ray, I'll stay on C5t5 and listen out for you. Be careful mate, nasty weather is upon us!

lol :blush:

Yes that was meh Branners, its all back on the road now after being sorted at GVN coachworks.

Il put some Before and after pictures up on the forum soon.

p.s are you coming tonight?

cool, I was sad to see the state of the car and I didnt think it would come back.

I wont be going tonight, my supra has sat still for the last 3 months and I need to take it out and check it over before doing anything serious with it.

JB

I'll be there in Mazi-f...ng-rati...:tomato:

...what kind of Mazi-f-ing-rati, and what colour? :rolleyes:

I should be there around 11 something, Ray will be there too. If it's too crowded, I'll be moping around the north bank before Lambeth Bridge. If you've got a radio you can find us on channel 5, tone 5. :thumbs:

Guest supra_bhp
What a night!!

What more can i say!

Saw a few sups, nice meeting you Ben cars looking lovely.

ohhh nice t-shirt Suprawoman

yeh was a good night ... Ray your car looking clean as ever..... have to agree with you about Suprawoman's t-shirt :D

It was so lovely to see everyone!! :yu:

Ben, thank u for being my guide :thanku:

I just got in, so Im off to bed :innocent:

Oh, yes - guys, Im glad you enjoyed my T-shirt :D Good thing Police didnt see it close up, otherwise they'd think its a suspect on a loose.. :looney:

Ray, your car's looking loooovely, thank you for letting me sit in it :nana: :eyebrows:

Excellent night guys. The Rotherhithe certainly felt our wrath!

Yulia, glad you made it home... sorry you were left at the lights because of a couple of dipstick fools in the middle of the road. If you heard some radio crackle, that was me going around the area and the Clapham route searching for ya! I hope it was straigtforward from there.

Ray, good to meet you too. The car's loolking good!

Francis - shame you could only join us at the end, as it was the journey there that was the steak of it.

Here are a coulple of pics!

DSC02777.jpg

DSC02778.jpg

DSC02776.jpg

DSC02780.jpg

Excellent night guys. The Rotherhithe certainly felt our wrath!

Yulia, glad you made it home... sorry you were left at the lights because of a couple of dipstick fools in the middle of the road. If you heard some radio crackle, that was me going around the area and the Clapham route searching for ya! I hope it was straigtforward from there.

Aww.. Ben, thank you for looking for me, but I stucked at those lights fro ever, then when finally we started moving - I went under the bridge turned right... and I couldnt see you anywhere :giveup: Maybe I took a wrong turn:badidea: Once the radio was dead silent - I knew I gone different way than u did :tumble:

At least when we got lost - we explored some parts of London that I never been to before LOL :ecstatic:

I got home after 5am :o) Got to bed about 6am and I just got up abt an hour ago :innocent:

Knew i should have come along to this but with the thought of getting up for work at 7am turned me off. I'm just not as hardcore as you Ray :cry:

lol mate i had 45 mins sleep! lol but it was worth it.

You missed out on a very very good night. Probally one of the best meets i have ever been to, athmosphere was amazing, yet there was no one doing anything dangerous. I didnt even see 1 chavy Saxo or Fiesta or Honda civic etc... amazing ehh?

what happened to your wheel last night ??

My poor baby Volk :(

Its been like that for a while looks a bit wonky ehh? lol

Its not as bad as it looks, superficial damage to the outside rim, the actual wheel is not buckled, apparently its a very soft compound mmm new wheel on its way soon.