The mkiv Supra Owners Club

London Tunnel Run 06 - Sat 14th January

Guest supra_bhp

It's a shame, for sure. But it's the right thing to do.

I think everyone who was there agrees Saturday night was pretty awesome ...but it could so easily have gone horribly wrong. The police knew of what was going and took a pretty benevolent view. You can't abuse that kind of trust.

Some of you are over on PH now and are more than welcome in the PH community. As the organisers directly - and by personal recommendation - get to know more people, the Tunnel phenomenon can grow again. It only started out as 20-odd cars (mostly TVR) having a bit of a hoon ...then suddenly grew exponentially between December and last Saturday. :ecstatic:

"Variety adds to the event. Varied safety standards, however, do not." Wise words, I'm all for variety on the Runs.

well said, Phil! Your Enlgish is better then mine :D only joking, ok lol :looney:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BossCerbera
well said, Phil! Your Enlgish is better then mine :D only joking, ok lol :looney:

Considering it's the only language I speak, I should bloody hope so! :looney:

Well, it was an absolute priveledge to run alongside on the night. I'd like to earn their trust, but I suspect they're already dealing with a hundred pleading emails from the likes of 'new joiners' like myself. :blush:

WELL, IF YOU'R NOT IN - YOU'LL HAVE TO LET ME DRIVE YOUR CAR AND THEN U CAN BE MY PASSENGER :p

Well, it was an absolute priveledge to run alongside on the night. I'd like to earn their trust, but I suspect they're already dealing with a hundred pleading emails from the likes of 'new joiners' like myself. :blush:

Out of 62 japanese cars that signed up for the 14th, only 4 were bona-fide Pistonhead members- one of whom had to cancel at last minute. So 58 new joiners just for the tunnel runs with no (or little) contributions to the rest of PH and almost empty profiles- is it any wonder it's gone restricted?

I moderate the PH Jap forum, so drop in and show your faces- you'll recognise a few people from here too.

This isn't supposed to be as arsey as it sounds btw, we are a happy bunch, all welcome.

Some one mentioned there was trouble on the night? I didnt see any trouble...

ohhh

Was that the Saab? At Greenwich meet point doing handbrake turns lol

twat. :D

Yep, apparently that Jap crown let them down. Skyline doing doughnuts at the dome, and an Impreza doing something stupid, but he didn't say. Oh and the Saab 93 was doing handbrake turns.

Devostated!! I was just in the process of organising the drive down with a couple of mate in the Supe. Was really looking forward to this! ive been a member of Piston Heads a while now but never posted on there. I bought my car off there, come to think of it!

Shame about the knobs causing the disturbance! its always the few that spoil it for the many!!

Im sure we will obtain details of this secret meeting....

*wink wink* Bosscerbera

You can let us in on any details that you hear .... Afterall you are a member of our club now... and that means you have to treat us like your own :D

*wink wink* Bosscerbera

You can let us in on any details that you hear .... Afterall you are a member of our club now... and that means you have to treat us like your own :D

haha! You have no chance muwahahahaha!

*wink wink* Bosscerbera

ohh.. you're not in their secret club?? ...mwahahahaa!!!! :whistle: :nyah: :haha:

How do we prove our self to be 'secret enough' to be in the secret club??

can suprawoman not just reccomend all of us...? :rolleyes:

Did you go on saturday with ben and SupraWoman? If not, you may have to show your face abit- you can't gain trust if they don't know you are there!

Did you go on saturday with ben and SupraWoman? If not, you may have to show your face abit- you can't gain trust if they don't know you are there!

No unfortunatly i wasnt down there on the 14/15th. im gonna get active on PH then, see if i can prove myself.

Cheers...

No unfortunatly i wasnt down there on the 14/15th. im gonna get active on PH then, see if i can prove myself.

I think this may be the best way to do this. Neither SupraWoman or myself can do any reccomending, as we aren't established enough to have such priviliges... :giveup:

Justin/tunnelmeister has expressly told us not to break the silence on our own beloved forum when it comes to info about the route, date, meeting points etc. or we will be banished as a whole. :badidea:

The good thing is, Wkdtime, Ray, Kash, Francis, dal007, monkey3 and I (sorry if I missed anyone) were sole representatives of our club that night and behaved well, so they do know that we're there for the right reasons. So I'd say make your mark on PH as Gav said and we should be welcomed with open arms for future parades. :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
I think this may be the best way to do this. Neither SupraWoman or myself can do any reccomending, as we aren't established enough to have such priviliges... :giveup:

Justin/tunnelmeister has expressly told us not to break the silence on our own beloved forum when it comes to info about the route, date, meeting points etc. or we will be banished as a whole. :badidea:

The good thing is, Wkdtime, Ray, Kash, Francis, dal007 and I (sorry if I missed anyone) were sole representatives of our club that night and behaved well, so they do know that we're there for the right reasons. So I'd say make your mark on PH as Gav said and we should be welcomed with open arms for future parades. :thumbs:

Ahem...

I was there too.

:tongue: