The mkiv Supra Owners Club

London Tunnel Run 06 - Sat 14th January

Guest supra_bhp

I thought this part was really funny... only one dude needed fuel but we ALL invaded the petrol station! :clap: The owners must have been something like :blink::complain:

Oh, and thank you for being my chaperone Yulia... otherwise some of the night would have been very lonely :tumble:

No worries, I was glad I had a company too - as with no maps I would have got lost 45 times LOL :innocent:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BossCerbera
No worries, I was glad I had a company too - as with no maps I would have got lost 45 times LOL :innocent:

Ben-San®, I guess I met you with Yulia then?

BTW - how do I add a custom Avatar?

BTW - how do I add a custom Avatar?

Yep, that was him alright!

He was my guide, I was following him all 6 hours of driving LOL :D :looney: Incl long driving on our way back when we got lost LOL

As for Avatar - on the top of the Forum window click on User CP and then there on the left you'll see options - incl changing Avatar etc

:yu:

Guest BossCerbera
:( It won't allow me to do a custom Avatar - maybe I have to make more posts to unlock privileges? I got a message about privileges (lack of them!) when I tried to put cars in my garage.

:( It won't allow me to do a custom Avatar - maybe I have to make more posts to unlock privileges? I got a message about privileges (lack of them!) when I tried to put cars in my garage.

I think maybe because you're not a memeber of the club.. :badidea:

It cost £10 for a year.

P.S. You can pay through the website here. Go to User CP again, then on the left inthe bottom you'll see Miscellaneous - click on Paid Subsciptions and then you'll see an option to pay for membership :D

:welcome: Boss!

You'll have to get a supra to add to your car collection now you're a member here!

That event looks quality! :respekt:

Hopefully I'll have a soop of my own by april so I can go to the next one, but I see there was an RS there this time, so I guess I could bring mine if I still have it by then!

James, surely you're not gonna miss out on the next one? Maybe I could ride with you if I haven't got my car by then, if Sab doesn't mind of course!

Yes indeed, very breifly :thumbs: Apologies for not stopping to chat, I was too busy oggling the beautiful machinery! I'll make sure we'll meet again at the next Tunnelers run. Unfortunately I was just an understudy this time round: probably the quietest car on the night :rolleyes:

:welcome: to the club! Enjoy the madness :D

Guest BossCerbera

Motor racing. I started out in the Tuscan Challenge in '97. The late Gerry Marshall - whose flamboyant style proved that sideways ISN'T slow - was one of my heroes. My idea of a fun practice session is to take a 536bhp/tonne Tuscan Challenge car out on slicks in the wet. Yeehar!

I wouldn't profess to be a drift expert by any means (need to sharpen up my transitions) but my view is that cars have three steering controls: steering wheel, gas pedal and brake pedal. A useful trick for pedalling a 702bhp Cobra rep too...

It's a physics thing.... :yu:

Guest BossCerbera

Speaking of drifting...

Steve Sutcliffe (also a former Tuscan Challenge pilot) has an excellent 'How to....' article in Autocar this week. Check it out!

anyone remember Arab Drifting vid?

http://media.putfile.com/Drifting--Arab--Style

Eeek... whatever it was, it seemed to be going at a ridiculous rate of leptons.

Motor racing. I started out in the Tuscan Challenge in '97.

:respekt: Awesome. I wouldn't mind picking your brains for a few tips here and there with regards to the physics of cornering under power etc.

Not sure I'd attempt that around the West Ferry Road roundabout...

lol... that was exactly what Yulia and I were worried about... needless to say we'll be parking on the inner kerb next time. I think some people made themselves rather unwelcome at that point :whip:

:(

I completely understand though. It's difficult to manage who turns up, and there will always one troublemaker making an appearance. Some of you may have witnessed some very unerving behaviour that night.

That 'bad' behaviour almost ruined it for everyone by endangering others :scare: - in a way, these sort of people could change the face of the whole event. It would spiral out of control through word-of-mouth. :taped:

In my eyes, having read the discussion on PH, the decision to take it 'underground' is the right one, given that the reason to do so is based on a simple principle:

"Variety adds to the event. Varied safety standards, however, do not."

I'd like to think that we weren't a cause for concern that night.

What do you guys think?

:(

I completely understand though. It's difficult to manage who turns up, and there will always one troublemaker making an appearance. Some of you may have witnessed some very unerving behaviour that night.

That 'bad' behaviour almost ruined it for everyone by endangering others :scare: - in a way, these sort of people could change the face of the whole event. It would spiral out of control through word-of-mouth. :taped:

In my eyes, having read the discussion on PH, the decision to take it 'underground' is the right one, given that the reason to do so is based on a simple principle:

"Variety adds to the event. Varied safety standards, however, do not."

I'd like to think that we weren't a cause for concern that night.

What do you guys think?

totally agree with you Ben here :yu:

Well, Im in their restricted area - but I cant say no more..:whistle:

Guest BossCerbera

It's a shame, for sure. But it's the right thing to do.

I think everyone who was there agrees Saturday night was pretty awesome ...but it could so easily have gone horribly wrong. The police knew of what was going and took a pretty benevolent view. You can't abuse that kind of trust.

Some of you are over on PH now and are more than welcome in the PH community. As the organisers directly - and by personal recommendation - get to know more people, the Tunnel phenomenon can grow again. It only started out as 20-odd cars (mostly TVR) having a bit of a hoon ...then suddenly grew exponentially between December and last Saturday. :ecstatic:

"Variety adds to the event. Varied safety standards, however, do not." Wise words, I'm all for variety on the Runs.