The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SBC-ID can reduce max boost without restricter ring?

Pete

we are allowed to sell an item, just not bulk items!

its just like say for example you selling your cat say well we was selling a decat system, no harm surely

Oh yes, selling one thing you've got kicking around is something many members do all the time. However:

"have many front and rear de cats for sale "

That's not 'an' item, that's 'many' items. Come on, play fair. It's a trade offer and you know it. You even offer fitting.

-Ian

Oh yes, selling one thing you've got kicking around is something many members do all the time. However:

"have many front and rear de cats for sale "

That's not 'an' item, that's 'many' items. Come on, play fair. It's a trade offer and you know it. You even offer fitting.

-Ian

Agreed. I have recieved your e-mail regarding becoming a trader. I currently have 5 other trader/banner applications going on so you'll have to wait for me to get a free minute before I start sorting out yours. It's worth pointing out at this point that trader applications go before the club members, so make sure you make the right first impression with this lot as it is them who will decide if you can trade here or not.

Please also take a look at http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/announcement.php?f=2&a=9 for what is and what is not acceptable from traders.

I asked Blitz UK this question and they've just replied.

Please can you confirm something for me?

If I were to decat a MkIV Supra the turbos will freely spool to boost to unhealthy levels. Commonly restricter rings are used to prevent this.

I know your SBC-ID can raise boost above the restriction, but does it actually prevent boost getting higher in the decat scenario without a restricter ring and the turbos are free flowing?

They replied..

The Blitz boost controllers are very good at holding the boost at the levels you require. The resolution on the boost control solenoid duty cycle is such that you should never get nasty spikes as you describe.

I hope this helps.

what is the benefit of taking out both cats and using a restrictor ring over, say, removing only one cat and then using a boost controller to raise the boost as and when desired?
I believe the theory is that cats retain a lot of heat and reducing that heat is a good thing, according to some people. IIRC, TDi don't remove both cats just the second one.

...bearing in mind that the second cat will have to be put back at least once a year so it can pass emissions?...
Shouldn't have to if it's an early j-spec, they don't have to have a cat test.

.. Shouldn't have to if it's an early j-spec, they don't have to have a cat test.

good point.

Getting rid of the second cat helps volumetric efficiency a tiny-weeny bit and might reduce EGTs at full load a tiny bit as well. Plus you won't risk getting it melted inside and blocking (it can happen at high boost operation)

If it doesn't have to be there, get rid of it.