26th Aug 2006 - Blenheim Palace - Oxon

Lewis

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Once again, nice to meet you all (and the other halves) today :) A very pleasant day out in a good location.

Good to finally meet you Pete, you're much less grumpy in person :D :p

Shame there were a few drop outs, guess the traffic problems put a few off! With the a34 closure it took 3 hours to get there from Reading, but only 45 mins to get back!

Get those pics up! (especially the one of Ian being camp - again :D )

As I couldn't go because of having to give some contractor guy an interview, who said he could only do the interview today, in the middle of the bloody day, and then for only for him to tell us right at the very end that he won't be available until after the deadline of the project we need him to work on, I hope it was a rubbish day and that it rained. (Although I know it didn't rain as I live only 5 minutes away) :( :badmood:

Did anyone get to have a play with anyone from the Posche owners club that were meeting just down the road? :devil:

Totally gutted I missed this. Circumstances beyond my control happened. 10 tonne of shingle for my new drive was unexpectedly delivered early and dumped at the enterance, totally blocking it. Took me 6 hours to shift it, then it started raining, so I gave up any attempt to come over and see you all.

As SOD's Law sayes "If something can go wrong. IT WILL"

Hope you all had a good day.

Great day, was good to see you all again :)

Also I think we should give Martin R a 'Commitment to mkiv.net' award for getting his in-laws to bring a support vehicle so Callum could attend the meet after Ian R took up all the room in his Supra :respekt:

Here's some pics from the day. I've been trying for the last hour to stop photobucket messing up the sizes :search: Can't seem to stop it, so sorry if a few are a bit too large :(

Sorry for my late posting. I would just like to extend my thanks to those who managed to get along. Some of you travelled a fair old distance. It was a shame that we got nowhere near the numbers expected. It was a real pleasure (as always!) to meet up with fellow members, and it's nice to know that if we have a meet next time we can have a place put aside for us, and get an opportuity to have some pictures taken by the palace.

I hope next time we can get some more members together, because it's meets like this that help inject some spirit back into the club, which is greatly needed at this time.

Here's a few pics. The last one I'm particularly happy with!

P1010288 (Small).JPG

P1010291 (Small).JPG

P1010309 (Small).JPG

Kate, Daniel and I had a great day out; it's always great to stretch the Supe's legs and meet up with other owners. I love putting more new faces to names just as much as seeing everyone I've already met - you're brilliant company every one of you :)

Special thanks go to Doug (Class One), Vanessa and Milly for letting us stay last night and for looking after us so well yesterday and today - please let me repay the favour soon! :)

P.S. Doug if you want any driving tips anytime just give me a shout. ;)