BURT

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks matey,

Lucifer, not sure what you mean, i'm still learning please explain.

on the side of your cam cover you have a small k&n filter, some people route this line back into the intake before the turbo. ive got mine the same as you and have had no problems so far

thats the way most of the BL kits are done. Some have said it can lead to a crank seal failure but I havent seen any of those recently and mine has been like that for 18 months now.

theres a second mini-filter at the back right of the engine as well which I dont have on my car as I have a large hose running from there back to the turbo area (cant remember exactly where it goes).

JB

theres a second mini-filter at the back right of the engine as well which I dont have on my car as I have a large hose running from there back to the turbo area (cant remember exactly where it goes).

JB

That hose ye be yer ISCV intake pipe due to being a UK spec. Jspec can just run another ickle filter on there.

on the side of your cam cover you have a small k&n filter, some people route this line back into the intake before the turbo. ive got mine the same as you and have had no problems so far

Very true, the vast majority of people do not do this, and like you say never see a problem. Each to their own.

I have never tested or found out how much blow-by is created at high boost on the 2jz, nor could you actually give a figure due to rings being different on each install. However, reading many moons ago about crank case breather systems, especially on High boost applications, I always re-tap the entire breather system the way the Manufacturer intended it to work.

Much like oil catch cans, the vast majority actually inhibit the air flow from the crank case, and really don't do squat for high boost application, just look pretty. If you must have a catch can, then make sure it has adequate flow, at least twice the flow of the original pipework. Example: Blow through the stock breather pipe from the exhaust cam cover to the Intake; restrictive, but not that much, now blow through your catch can system, very restrictive.

Not knocking anyones work or the methodology's, each to their own, but you are asking your motor to produce nearly double the power / boost, with 1/2 the crank case breather system taken away.... well almost.

Martin

Guest Flat4_ire
Looks great!

Something odd about that number plate though. It looks like it's behind the bumper. I presume it's not.

Its just deep thats all