The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Washer Jet Upgrade?

michael

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

having recently re-sprayed the car a mate (thanks Jon) gave me the idea of ditching the bonnet mounted jets in my effort to go for the "smooth" look, these are from a citroen i think, dont ask me how they work as i have still got to plumb the tank in as its going in the boot

front 072.jpg

front 069.jpg

• 6 months later...
Can one of you with Modded jets please take a picture or have a passenger take a picture of the spray pattern from in the car while driving? I'd be very interested to see what that's like at 80mph. Thanks.

who cares mate as long as it sprays water on the windscreen

It matters to me, that's why. I live on the autobahn. I'm worried about the mist/spray not being powerful enough to cover the screen at speed due to aerodynamics.

fair point mate, i do a fair amount of motorway crunching at the same speed and the washwipe has never been an issue, the water literally goes everwhere at speed anyway, the jets i fitted were off an old generation car (scrapyard) and not to much of a spray more a stream but this is fully dispersed due to the speed, if it had been an issue i would have looked (in the scrapyard again lol) for a bigger more powerfull pump or maybe even 2 pumps together

• 2 years later...

I got some of these today but, did not notice on the above photo's that the exit hole for the water is actually offset to one side.

Looking at the part number sticker on the bag, it says Nozzle, FR Washer.

Does the FR stand for Front or Front RIGHT ?

I guess they work just fine as otherwise Michael would not of posted about them but, just wondered about the FR part and if there is a FL nozzle ?

P1100208.JPG

P1100209.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Received and fitted my Lexus washer jets today,

I ordered them from LexusPartDirect online on April 6th and 1 month later they arrived lol.

But they are a perfect colur match, and spray a nice flat level spray of water on the bottom quarter of the windscreen, very happy.

Recommended :)

• 1 year later...

Funny this should be bumped, I have been looking for the ones that fit onto the wiper arms

The only ones I can find are these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390379180656

Anyone tried them or tried anything similar

I am not sure if the ones on Ebay will fit, as it looks from the pic that they go under the arm rather than beside it

They have the right sort of thing on Merc Sprinter vans, anyone know of any other vehicles that use this style

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)