The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How old are supra owners?.

danwhite

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How the hell do some of you guys have TT's in your early 20's. After I pay the mortgage and fill the car up every month the bank manager wants to bend me over his desk!

Guest BabyBhp

well it aint for the streets i want to use it for drifting and track action.

Ive been crazy about cars since i was 12 and all i ever wanted to do was drift rwd cars and back then it was all about the 200sx. so i saved up enough to get a rubish S13 which i got very cheap then sold it for double after i cleaned it up, this was when i was 16.

then straight after that i started looking for another 200sx but i wanted a mint one that wasnt rusty, so i managed to find one 8 months later and my dad helped me source a SR20DET and that was the first engine conversion i have ever done it was quite easy the only thing i needed help with was modifying the loom. Anyway i started to realise that everyone in england is using the 200sx as there weapon of choice and being me i like to be different.

My dad had been tuning a few supras for a couple of his m8s and i went out in one of them TT6 running 470bhp and it handled the road awesome it had coilovers and the rear stripped it out but now that its running 800-950bhp he dont drive it like he use to lol

anyway i dont want to say how im getting this supra just yet as i dont want to jinx it lol but all will be revealed in a weeks time :)

Guest chiefvinso
what you talkin about a twin is only 50 more that still only takes me to 700, how much did you say you were paying???? :p

So why dont you get a proper soop!! :D I pay 412 full comp and 250 excess

20, 21 Jan 1st.

Had my supe 3 weeks last Saturday and still cant believe im living a dream, whenever I get behind the wheel I have a smile ear to ear.

As for insurance I pay just under £1100 FC in a safe post code area, CAT 1 alarm/immob, limited 5000 miles per year. Bad thing is I have 9 points but think they all come off next year - it is 4 years or is it 5?

Gaz

20, 21 Jan 1st.

Had my supe 3 weeks last Saturday and still cant believe im living a dream, whenever I get behind the wheel I have a smile ear to ear.

As for insurance I pay just under £1100 FC in a safe post code area, CAT 1 alarm/immob, limited 5000 miles per year. Bad thing is I have 9 points but think they all come off next year - it is 4 years or is it 5?

Gaz

Valid for 3 years but must remain on the licence for 5 years.

my excess is 200 and yes im with elephant and i made it clear that it is a mkiv not a mk3

I thought I had done that too, the problem is the person you speak to on the phone to confirm that you've got a quote for a mkiv doesn't know "jack sh!t" about supras and you still end up being insured for a mkiii, you could tell them it's a mkviii and they wouldn't know the difference (or care), I've been there and so have a few others on here.

I'm not having a pop a you, just be aware the risk you take, when I found out their mistake with mine I took the risk and let the policy run full term before changing insurers, if I'd had an accident they would have denied payment.

Turns out I went with Sky, paying the same but on the correct model of car.