The mkiv Supra Owners Club

London Meet - November

terribleturner

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've managed to track down and fix the noise/knocking, but when I came back from a test run, there was a trail of oil coming from the front of the engine somewhere... :unfair:

When it's not one thing, it's another...

I'm fed up with her today, so I'm feeling sorry for myself and having a Star Wars fest, but I'll have another look tomorrow and see if it's something I can fix; but even if it is, I still need to get her MOT'd and Taxed... :thumbdown:

I'm still getting a lot of noise from the gearbox, but I've been told that it's normal when running a solid state flywheel; although I'd prefer someone who knows to confirm.

no rollercoasting on my rope then

I could always come down on my bike (ZX12), it might make for an interesting tow... :clap:

So you only like riding on sunny days then...

There's a distinct lack of sliders on your suit, and what's with the half inch chicken strip?

Just kidding...

I wish only on sunny days. I rode every day, managed to put almost 1500miles in 9 weeks, adn that was my 1st EVER bike. Had an accident when I got caugt in a heavy rain.

and what chicken strip r u on about?? :shrug:

P.S. I didnt really needed those sliders as a newbie, ok????

2 Posts, hmnmm, yeah, er, sorry about that, these window things are damn confusing. I opened up the Who's Who page to see your picture, but then replied to this post, in that thread! User error.... :blush:

Perhaps I should have said that by posting twice, I get to receive two replies from you... :love:

The 'Sunny' comment was aimed at the bike not you, riding a Duke I'm impressed you managed to get it to start ever day! 1500 Miles in 9 weeks is going a fair bit though.

I must offer my sincerest apology if I offended you in any way with my harsh and callous comments on your riding ability; the use of a Duke as a first bike is uncommon to say the least; I have to admit that I assumed you were seasoned, and therefore questioned your lack of sliders etc.

My 'Chicken Strip' comment was in the same vein; this refers to the amount of unused tyre on each side, the more unused, the less you lean and thus the less you push it. Again, this was a little unfair as it was your first bike, and I offer myself up for public flogging as well as whatever punishment you deem fit for such a terrible crime..

Had an accident when I got caugt in a heavy rain

How is your bike, did she survive?

Dispite many hours in a cold garage, swearing and getting generally stressed, my wee beastie remains sick.

I have given up. :giveup:

A call was made to Phoenix a few minutes ago, and they are going to pick her up and take her away to make her better.... :cry:

However, this means that I wont be able make Thursday, sorry guys :thumbdown