The mkiv Supra Owners Club

London Meet - November

terribleturner

Great turn out. I think there were about ten cars?

Nice convoy on the A4, much to the annoyance for an Aston Martin (DB9?) Driver! He was hounded by quite a few supras as some of us fell behind and had to catch up, he probably got a little scared!:innocent:

China and I got stuck behind a few sets of traffic lights so we took a detour and met up with everyone in Picadilly circus. We were all stuck in a bit of traffic so we all decided to let our engines roar a bit. I think the Eros statue almost fell over!:read:

We had a nice line up outside the Sports bar. Unfortunately a Parking attendant managed to book me and everyone behind me...about 4/5 supras I think. James and the others who were in front of me just manage to escape :clap:

Apart from £50 down, It was a cracking evening.

James will be posting pics up soon.

Ro

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was the last one outside Harrods and the Aston Martin was behind me. I stopped in the middle of the road to let the supra in the front to come out and he decided to overtake me with the right hand lane.....

I didn't let him and step on the gas, we were side by side and he have to do an emergency stop as his lane become a right turn only and he nearly hit the traffic island :)

not a happy bunny he was.

China

Very good turn out guys, good effort :clap:

Still can't belive the amount of traffic wardens. They must have all decided to work overtime tonight. Well next time i say we head off to the O2 center in Swiss Cottage where we can park safely and have a proper natter.

Russell, Simon. Nice to meet you and hopefully next time we can have a proper chat.

Only took a couple but pictures can be found here, and i'll look at the video tomorrow.

And don't forget, Surrey Rolling Road Day, if anyone fancies.

Had a really good night, nice to meet a few new faces.

James if you want me to photoshop any of those images to bump them up a bit PM me, can also help out with the video if needed (although probably not needed based on your previous vids)

Thanks again to James for organising. (good run on the way home too! :thumbs: )

Just got in to work after spending the rest of the night in the sports bar.

Decided to make the most of my rather expensive permit to park.

Sorry I couldn't come on from there, but I had arranged to meet my girlfriend in there and I couldn't get hold of her to tell her we'd be moving on.

The run on the way over from chiswick was good though, got to get me a walkie talkie. That Aston Martin didn't know what was going on as 4 supras flew past him on the flyover :scare:. But then I doubt he was intimidated, I reckon you have to have a pretty big p*nis to own one of those (or just loads of money)

And coming up to picadilly was crazy, I reckon people must have thought it was an invasion.:rlol:

I will have to come over for the next one (a bit earlier this time maybe :whistle:) and we can have more of a chat.

Good to put *some* names to faces, and hopefully I can meet the rest of you next time.

Good one though, nice one James for organizing it and looking forward to the next one. :)

I am going to make sure I get RLTC fitted so that I can race you properly Turner :drool:

Not good spinning the wheels in every gear :tongue:

I agree... I was behind you on the way home and was interesting watching you fish tail when going in a straight line. Saying that traction was a bit of problem last night, was very cold, and even I had problems getting traction in a straight line, TC kept on kicking in, even at 50, which was a first for me since I've had the supe, at least in the dry anyways! So can only imagine the traction problems you had.

Was a good run back though, that woman in the AMG had balls and just before you turned off for Hammersmith an S4 joined in the fun too!

Glad to see you folks had a "blast" :clap: Shame I missed it but believe me I had a good time where I was too, ha ha :eyebrows:

Great to see your pics so soon, James, but sorry I couldn't get any of my evening - tried but was advised that it wouldn't be in my best interest.

See you soon I hope, folks :thumbs:

I agree... I was behind you on the way home and was interesting watching you fish tail when going in a straight line. Saying that traction was a bit of problem last night, was very cold, and even I had problems getting traction in a straight line, TC kept on kicking in, even at 50, which was a first for me since I've had the supe, at least in the dry anyways! So can only imagine the traction problems you had.

Was a good run back though, that woman in the AMG had balls and just before you turned off for Hammersmith an S4 joined in the fun too!

Yea she was fun.. She gave me a big smile at the lights and I knew what was up.. It was a Carlson Mercedes not an AMG :cool:

You should see me on the motorway.. At the moment thats about the only place I can get traction after 100.. I still step out occasionally which is always interesting when your doing a a ton..

You should see the other drivers around me on the motorway........ :scare:

Bloody traffic wardens! What was he doing out anyway it was dam cold last night.

White looks so much better in the dark as you can actually see it :)

Final meet in a Supra as car is being picked up by the new owner on Saturday afternoon.

Was great fun driving in along the A4, stopping groups on the pavement as they watched us pass:). Then through the hyde park underpass. Windows down and all you could hear was exhaust and dump valves going off.

Was great fun driving in along the A4, stopping groups on the pavement as they watched us pass:). Then through the hyde park underpass. Windows down and all you could hear was exhaust and dump valves going off.

Yup, going through the underpass was bloody awesome! Looking forward to seeing the video.

Wicked Time, James thanks for looking after us all!

Was really nice to see some new faces, all the Supras looked sweet, James had the loudest, Chris ya Supra looks well nice now...ya big gals blouse he he!

Shame about the stupid traffic wardens and those stupid rickshaw bikes geting in the way all the time!

We been very lucky in the past with Traffic wardens...it had to happen at some point..sorry to hear bout the ones who got the tickets!

I can undrstand Ken Stupid Livingstone turning London into a pedestrian Utopia during the day..but at night, you still cant park, or do jack shit..it seems to be getting worse too!

Good night though..saw couple of Supras on the way home that wer'nt on our meet..one was a silver with some kind of bodykit I not familier with and a private reg that said 'Burn' looked nice had a chat with the driver and told him to come on Mkivsupra.net

Nice pics btw (will try and get mine up soonish)

Cheers James,

Great night cool drive through london brought Piccadilly Circus to stand stil as all supra's roared there way through but unfourtunataly did not make front page of Sun newspaper what ashame + big thanks to supro & green peace giving us a lift need to sort out another meet soon