The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Back to the Japs

LordNelson

Hi All, 

After 20years, im back in a Supra mk4....granted its an N/A Auto, but its a very clean facelift, unmolestered and is a good starting point.

I have a few things to do with it and ive already started, but I will no doubt be searching/asking for advice on the following.

There is no heat coming from the heaters. when the dial is turned to max temp, there is a trickle of warm air. suggests there may be a blockage/airlock in the system....any tips on what to look for and first checks.
My n/s passenger wing mirror doesnt fold in when the switch is flicked (drivers is fine)

Other than that, mostly cosmetic.

Based in wakefield so would be good to meet any groups nearby.

Thanks 

Supra side.jpg

• Like 4

Hi and welcome to the Club, looks like you got yourself a nice example, would love to see more pics. 

with regards to your heating issue, have a little look on this thread, there might be a simple fix before you start looking toward replacing the heater matrix. 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2024 at 3:54 PM, LordNelson said:

Hi All, 

There is no heat coming from the heaters. when the dial is turned to max temp, there is a trickle of warm air. suggests there may be a blockage/airlock in the system....any tips on what to look for and first checks.

Thanks 

In the engine bay, follow the large coolant pipe(s?) at the top rear of the engine toward the right (passenger) side and you'll see x2 disappear into the bulkhead. This is the in/out to the heater matrix, if when warm there is a large difference (the 'in' might be hot - careful, the out luke warm/cold) then it's likely a partially/fully blocked matrix.

So, had a bit of a look around and with the help of another owner found a starting point.

the mecahnicals and the connecting rods in the passenger footwell are all intact and working fine.

The two pipe going through the bulkhead are both warm so that seems ok.

Oddly, the radiator bottom pipe that goes to the thermostat and into the water pump remains cold. it doesnt seem blocked as when you squeeze it, water pushes out of the radiator top cap (i had it off to see if any air was trapped).

so, starting point would be a new thermostat and possibly a waterpump.

Probably worth sayin that i have a new radiator......the coolant is clear and the top pipe gets sufficiently hot.
The car doesnt overheat either. Done a couple of long drives now and the needle doesnt shift above half way.

Also, when on full temp, the vents blow through a tiny bit of warm air, but thats it.

On 1/16/2024 at 3:54 PM, LordNelson said:

Hi All, 

After 20years, im back in a Supra mk4....granted its an N/A Auto, but its a very clean facelift, unmolestered and is a good starting point.

I have a few things to do with it and ive already started, but I will no doubt be searching/asking for advice on the following.

My n/s passenger wing mirror doesnt fold in when the switch is flicked (drivers is fine)

Other than that, mostly cosmetic.

Based in wakefield so would be good to meet any groups nearby.

Thanks 

Supra side.jpg

Welcome. Nice Supra you have there. Good to see another local Supra. There's a few of us based around West Yorkshire.  🙂    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Iky said:

Welcome. Nice Supra you have there. Good to see another local Supra. There's a few of us based around West Yorkshire.  🙂    

Nice one... You will have to let me know when / where you get together. Would be keen to get to know ppl in the know 👍

• Like 1

• 1 month later...