The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2JZ GE 1996 Start Up Issues Help Needed To Save Car!

J4AVX

On 12/24/2023 at 8:50 AM, Swampy442 said:

Its likely a bad battery wont let it start but personally, I dont think thats the issue, If it was the ECU you'd have a 'hard fault' and it wouldnt start regardless. Id leave that as you know it works for now

But congrats on getting it going

Thanks!

Very chuffed it's up and running, been driving it few days and no issues so far 🙂

• 1 month later...

Hi All

It's me again!

I think I've developed a new problem with my GS300.

It doesn't start up, cranks but just doesn't tick over (could be related to previous fault where it started but cut out immediately but that's not the case now).

So I replaced main ECU, no fix.

Looked at the fuel pump and fuel pump ECU in the boot and might be an issue? I've put the car ignition on and then took the fuel pipe in the engine bay out and its not spitting any fuel out?

I would have expected fuel to be gushing out when ignition is on which should signal the pump to come on?

How can I check fuel pump ECU? Is it worth replacing?

Any thoughts or ideas very much appreciated! 

There are differences with fuel delivery and circuitry in NA or TT or modified so it's not easy for anyone to be specific with a list of things to check.

This link will give you some pointers to relay check and bypass but its specific to a TT setup which your car may or may not be.

https://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/topic/73726-fuel-pump-issue-help-please/

On 2/26/2024 at 2:32 PM, Scooter said:

Second post can help you diagnose (again if this is the same as the NA Supra's)

I have followed the steps and 'bypassed' the fuel pump ECU. I can hear the fuel pump but still no joy in the car starting up.

I assume that the fuel pump ECU is working as its making a whining noise? Anything else i should be checking looking for?

So you had the fuel pump running by bridging the ports and heard the fuel flowing but it wouldn't start? it just turnover over, no coughs splutters or anything?

You've swapped the ECU too so unlikely it's that (be perhaps ideal to check in another car but I appreciate that's not easy)

So doesn't that leave us back to spark? grounding issues maybe 

https://www.supraforums.com/threads/2jzge-no-spark-help-pls.629999/

I would also look at distributer and double check timing as i currently having issues with mine and believe distributer is problem, also check all your earth points as i had problem couple years and was the power cable from fuse box plus the earth near fuse box was bad