The mkiv Supra Owners Club

IPhone charger cable

Dnk

I wouldn't put a cheap charger cable onto an expensive phone in case the power output is not correct for the appliance. I prefer to use a wireless charger on my Samsung phone. Brilliant piece of kit with motorised arms to grab any size phone so it couples as a cradle, particularly useful when you are using the maps function. These clip onto your air vents or failing that (you'd have issues with say a Supra) sucker onto the screen. I wouldn't want my phone suckered though as its heavy and suckers tend to give way at any moment, though more usually in hot weather.

These chargers cost from low £ twenties up.

PS - the picture is for reference an not the actual unit I own so I wouldn't know if this particular make/model has motorised arms. Also if you aren't in a hurry you'd be able to get them cheaper direct from Chinese suppliers via Ali-express over say Amazon or eBay in the UK.

phone charger.jpg

Edited by rider (see edit history)

22 minutes ago, rider said:

I wouldn't put a cheap charger cable onto an expensive phone in case the power output is not correct for the appliance. I prefer to use a wireless charger on my Samsung phone. Brilliant piece of kit with motorised arms to grab any size phone so it couples as a cradle, particularly useful when you are using the maps function. These clip onto your air vents or failing that (you'd have issues with say a Supra) sucker onto the screen. I wouldn't want my phone suckered though as its heavy and suckers tend to give way at any moment, though more usually in hot weather.

These chargers cost from low £ twenties up.

PS - the picture is for reference an not the actual unit I own so I wouldn't know if this particular make/model has motorised arms. Also if you aren't in a hurry you'd be able to get them cheaper direct from Chinese suppliers via Ali-express over say Amazon or eBay in the UK.

phone charger.jpg

I'm just on about the lead you plug into the plug socket or USB on the PC 

s-l500.jpg

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

In which case, I'd go for the cheap cable every time.

Its the charger that determines and regulates the 5V output and current modulation. The cable will only downgrade that with variable resistance so wouldn't have any potential to harm any plugged in appliance.

For anyone regularly using google or apple maps, the charging cradle is an ideal way to go.

3 minutes ago, Noz said:

I'd get the beefy cables. After marker jobbies that have extra bracing and some fancy cable weave. Always been the best charging cables.

I hear @tayr swings his around in a circular motion singing girls just wanna have fun..

You got a link to these beefy cables 

16 hours ago, Marty said:

I use anker cables on my devices, braided. The last time i bought one was in 2017 and i'm still using that one now, daily.. Would recommend.

Thanks Marty just ordered a pair from Amazon 

And thanks guys for your input always helps to get a few opinions etc from real humans