The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stock OEM springs

tomgeer

OE springs have not been available for at least 5 years.

I bought a second hand, low mileage (aren't they always) set to hold as spares in 2017 as they weren't any longer available through Toyota or other distributors of Toyota products.

• Like 1

I can actually get the stock springs from Toyota for £90 each but Chris Wilson recommended trying to source second hand and getting them refurbished and powder coated as the stock springs are pretty much bomb proof.

I am looking to replace my decades old tein street coilovers, I think OEM is my preferred option after seeking advice from Chris, the bilstein sports are extremely difficult to come by, so OEM is the next best option.

With the above in mind, if anyone happens to have any excellent condition bilsteins they are interested in selling, please let me know?

Cheers guys.

Tom

Like everyone else he is struggling to get full sets of the B6 Bilstien dampers.  I've been told by a few companies, and Chris that Bilstein expect to manufacturer some towards the end of this year.

It's anyones guess as to whether or not that will actually happen though.

Don't Toyota have any of their branded Billsteins any longer? I bought a set of those, from Toyota, only a few years ago. It was the springs to go with the Billsteins that I couldn't get hold of. Hence why I bough up a set second hand, primarily for the springs that do still have their factory coloured paint marks on.

Yeah, I will have to think seriously about going down the OEM route as opposed to the coilover route, the coilovers are a third of the price of stock, and there is a lot more spending to be done yet after the car has been garaged for the last 9 years and finally MOT’d and taxes again last month. The stock wheels need refurbed and the bonnet could do with a respray, plus there is a misfire under full boost (after being serviced) so I am thinking one of the coil packs might need replaced.

I’ve been thinking about it over the weekend and I am tempted just to put a new set of teins back on it for now and see if the bilsteins are more readily available in a couple of years time.

cheers for the input guys 👍🏻

By the way, might be useful for people to know that unfortunately Steve Manley no longer works for Toyota.

Steve recommended I contact Michael Hayes at Fish Bros Toyota Swindon.

Michael has been really helpful trying to source parts for the car so would definitely recommend him if you are looking for genuine parts.

From what it reads like, Billsteins for the Supra haven't been readily available for a while now. It'll probably be like the ever elusive Denso condensers, out of stock for well over a year to then reappear to go on to be out of stock again within days. Its a few days opening over a few years timeframe. Which means, you have to be ready every day to pounce, that requires dedication unless you can log stock notifications on sellers sites. I find with many of those they automatically drop the pre-notification after 3 months.

Supra OE or pattern parts are like little golden nuggets, occasionally you see one glisten in the distance to find out it was just a mirage and even rarer, you'll manage to dig one up.

18 hours ago, raddys said:

What about the supra eibach springs from whifbits, I bought them with bilstein b6s last year, not to shabby but abit low on the front...

When I had my car professionally suspension fine tuned they said the specs on the Supra were 15mm gap tyre to arch on Toyota Billsteins and 25mm gap on the standard setup. I'd be wondering how much changing the rake on the car would affect the weight distribution away from the near as damn it 50:50. I'm sure Whifbitz will be able to tell you.

With Eibach I had with my Honda's always the experience that the springs were always lowered more (lowered) than specified by the manufacturer, but that's been a long time ago, but was always very, very satisfied with Eibach ..., recommendation from me ;-), I also liked that the Fahrcomfort was very good

Bit late to the party on this. I got a full new set of springs from Toyota via SRD a few months ago but this was for the REAS system not the Billsteins. Not sure how different they are if at all ? They also have painted marks on them 

D03AEDFB-F1BB-44C3-8735-5E1FB30FB542.jpeg

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.