The mkiv Supra Owners Club

yet another price increase

Nathanj1142

1 hour ago, The Raven said:

Thats the trick isnt it, they seem great until you need them. Lucky i have not yet. My Mrs mini cooper S is with them to

How's the Mini? Bought one in Feb for my Mrs, knowing it had an oil leak from turbo feed. Ending up taking off the turbo and manifold, exhaust down pipe, to take off oil cooler housing and renewing all gaskets. Replaced oil return and supply pipes, now not leaking! Oh also the oil cooler was pretty much silted up on the water side! 

Do like the car though, good fun to drive. Will get an older SC version when I sell this one, they are savage.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Annabella said:

How's the Mini? Bought one in Feb for my Mrs, knowing it had an oil leak from turbo feed. Ending up taking off the turbo and manifold, exhaust down pipe, to take off oil cooler housing and renewing all gaskets. Replaced oil return and supply pipes, now not leaking! Oh also the oil cooler was pretty much silted up on the water side! 

Do like the car though, good fun to drive. Will get an older SC version when I sell this one, they are savage.

This is old school supercharged version. It a leaks oil. Even tho it had its engine out to do the clutch and seal replaced. I guess oil leaks are oem. 

I was so against buying one I had the idea they where soft wallowing things. Instead they are like go carts I really like it. I changed the intercooler, air filter and exhaust. Killed all the chrome. 17F0E212-ECDA-47CC-9BAE-53705B4A0175.thumb.jpeg.6d5453671f7052f9d066b0ee144d7885.jpegI may fit a smaller pulley.

E6B84619-7F1D-41BE-A083-59288CB0EC7D.thumb.jpeg.26716ce4e3f9b190c7d60b87d8d924f9.jpeg

3 hours ago, The Raven said:

This is old school supercharged version. It a leaks oil. Even tho it had its engine out to do the clutch and seal replaced. I guess oil leaks are oem. 

I was so against buying one I had the idea they where soft wallowing things. Instead they are like go carts I really like it. I changed the intercooler, air filter and exhaust. Killed all the chrome. 17F0E212-ECDA-47CC-9BAE-53705B4A0175.thumb.jpeg.6d5453671f7052f9d066b0ee144d7885.jpegI may fit a smaller pulley.

E6B84619-7F1D-41BE-A083-59288CB0EC7D.thumb.jpeg.26716ce4e3f9b190c7d60b87d8d924f9.jpeg

Yes do the pulley, it bumps up the HP to 190ish. Driven two SC's and just a different animal to the turbo, definite grin machine when it kicks in. 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 8:32 AM, tayr said:

was looking at the google reviews of lancaster and they don't look that great.. obviously only hear about the bad ones but wondered if you guys are all happy with them?

Where are you looking at reviews? Trustpilot has them as 4.7 out 5 overall with 81% excellent. Having read some of the bad reviews, some are just a lash out as they didn't read the policy properly ( A couple moaning about cancellation fees which are clearly stated on the policy..). Obviously there are some ones that aren't good but I think you'd be hard pushed to find a company that hasn't upset someone! Always been friendly and knowledgeable with me, no statutory price increase on my premium each year so no messing about trying to get them to reduce it. Also, agreed values reflect the current market which is really important these days! No Insurance provider is perfect. Do your research and make sure the level of cover suits your needs at a price you are happy with. Cheapest is not always the best, especially in insurance. 

2 hours ago, Tyson said:

Where are you looking at reviews? Trustpilot has them as 4.7 out 5 overall with 81% excellent. Having read some of the bad reviews, some are just a lash out as they didn't read the policy properly ( A couple moaning about cancellation fees which are clearly stated on the policy..). Obviously there are some ones that aren't good but I think you'd be hard pushed to find a company that hasn't upset someone! Always been friendly and knowledgeable with me, no statutory price increase on my premium each year so no messing about trying to get them to reduce it. Also, agreed values reflect the current market which is really important these days! No Insurance provider is perfect. Do your research and make sure the level of cover suits your needs at a price you are happy with. Cheapest is not always the best, especially in insurance. 

was going by every page other than TP to be fair.

I just had a 40 minute phone call with them in which they said they'd speak to underwriters and call me back at 3 on the dot.. Still waiting for a call 🤣

just had a call back with cheapest quote so far of £662 which is very competitive. Depends how easy the agreed value part will be now 

Edited by tayr (see edit history)