The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New stereo reccomendations

FCorps

Hi all, want to buy a new Stereo for the ole girl and was looking for reccomendations that will fit the double slot ideally.

What is a current good option out there - Double sized, DAB, links via BT to android phone/apps/googlemaps?

Touchscreen would be great. No CD player required. Everything I play is via phone apps/digital these days

Thanks!

Pioneer SPH-230DAB here, looks smart and works spot on with Apple Car play. All touch screen though so can be a-bit hard to see in the rare situation of direct sunlight.

I had the older Pioneer version before which was also a great unit.

I have heard the Alpine units are decent also, might be worth a look.

6 hours ago, tayr said:

SPH-230DAB got it in both my supras and it’s class. Apple car play, dab (separate antenna) and quite a few other features 

Thanks for all the suggestions

Liking the look of these - SPH-230's Do you have the reverse-cam hooked up?  Was wondering how that actualy works - what does the stereo connect into to know that you are reversing?

35 minutes ago, FCorps said:

Thanks for all the suggestions

Liking the look of these - SPH-230's Do you have the reverse-cam hooked up?  Was wondering how that actualy works - what does the stereo connect into to know that you are reversing?

i'll let you know in a couple weeks. I have a reversing camera to plug into the head unit so will let you know how it works.