The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting Borgwarner turbo with xs power manifold na-t

ballsdeep

Anybody else buy parts for a car they no longer use? Iv barely covered 200miles in the last 4years and I still spend more money on it than I do my wife and kids!

It’s been na-t for over 8years now and it desperately needs upgrading! Currently looking for a new turbo and ffim. standalone ecu will have to come later on down the line.

I really want to keep the xs manifold seeing as it’s been without fault for the last 8years but I’m worried if I choose the wrong turbo I might have fitment issues? I’m led to believe the s366 is too big and fouls on the runners so I have been looking at the s362 sxe but would like to know if it fits before I bite the bullet. Can anyone confirm this? 

I’m not completely sold on the borgwarner so any other recommendations on turbo choice would be great! It’s probably not a huge budget but would like to keep it under £1000.

I’m not trying to chase numbers being w58 so I’d probably be satisfied with 450-500bhp but certainly don’t want to be too restricted incase I replace the gearbox. 

Edited by ballsdeep (see edit history)

• ballsdeep changed the title to Fitting Borgwarner turbo with xs power manifold na-t
9 hours ago, AC93 said:

The S362 can make 500hp at 1 bar, I have a S364 and love it, Borg Warner has given me zero issues and would upgrade to a 66/69 at some point 

What power are you making now? I think going past 440 the torque is gonna shred the W58..

Exactly what I needed to hear, I don’t want to be too restricted and was initially looking at the s366 until I read it doesn’t fit the xs manifold. is your s364 on the xs power manifold and what power did it make. 

Mines making 390 now but it does worry me that the gearbox won’t hold up, the plan has always been to put the r154 in at some point. 

49 minutes ago, mharvey said:

I can't help with the 362 bit but I can confirm the 366 fouls on the XS manifold. 

I found out the hard way having bought the turbo and then had to swap the manifold to suit.

I think it was your post that I read. Was it close to fitting or no where near? I’m placing my order tonight for the 362 so I might find out the hard way! What manifold did you end up using? 

1 minute ago, ballsdeep said:

I think it was your post that I read. Was it close to fitting or no where near? I’m placing my order tonight for the 362 so I might find out the hard way! What manifold did you end up using? 

Ahh maybe mate. Hopefully I saved you a headache. 

To be honest it was some time ago, but from memory, whilst it wan't that close to fitting, I think it was only the compressor housing that fouled, a S362 I'd imagine should have a decent chance.

I changed to a Walton which fitted fine with the s366 but I changed again to a 369 and then had issues with running a 4in downpipe so I now have an SRD manifold

4 minutes ago, mharvey said:

Ahh maybe mate. Hopefully I saved you a headache. 

To be honest it was some time ago, but from memory, whilst it wan't that close to fitting, I think it was only the compressor housing that fouled, a S362 I'd imagine should have a decent chance.

I changed to a Walton which fitted fine with the s366 but I changed again to a 369 and then had issues with running a 4in downpipe so I now have an SRD manifold

That SRD manifold is stunning!! Wish I had the funds to get one! I’m about to order a link g4x too so I could really do without having to change manifolds too! With any luck it will fit?