The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Drivers side door lock

mwilkinson

As above. I've been a bellend and managed to snap a small lug off the back of the main lock housing....I know!

All I need is a complete internal barrel, the key plates can be swapped out for my specific key so the fact it won't work with my key is immaterial.

Anyone got one from a scrap car, or where they've been forced to replace the locks?

I suspect the part is identical on the passengers side, so happy to take a punt on one of these too.

_IMG_000000_000000.thumb.jpg.aaede7fba1cc631af6cb7174c837a1ef.jpg

20211014_163603.thumb.jpg.5106f4b8a7dc45262cc6bcc3e3bf3529.jpg

Great idea 👍  I'll hold that in reserve if I can't find one for a Supra.

However, there have been loads of threads over the years of people having to swap out the locks as the ignition barrel was damaged.  Hopefully someone will have retained one I can grab (fingers are crossed).

8 hours ago, evinX said:

My friend in the Caribbean is stripping a supra and has a complete lock set if thats of any help

I'm open to any options.  Have you any idea how much they would like for the set? 

I'm not keen to spend strong money as I only need one single bit from the whole set.  The rest would be entirely superfluous to my requirement.

No. Keron is all out.

I tried buying a set of period correct Toyota TR47 locks for a Carolla on eBay.  Unfortunately these were a 6 cut setup, unlike the Supra which is an 8 cut.

Last night I did managed to find a brand new right hand side lock for a mkiv supra in the US. I have purchased this item.  This was for the US spec car, so it comes with the key light and associated loom, new keys etc.

The loom is different to the JSpec cars as it has the additional wires for the key hole light, but hopefully this won't be too much of an issue.

I'm not going to rely on this part until it actually arrives and I know it works, so I'm still interested in a spare r/h side lock anyone else has.

The loom is indeed different and also the c/l module. In US spec cars the c/l module is located behind the steering wheel. Unlike jspec cars, its a red button a programmable module. So you can pair (unlike jspec cars) new or replacement remotes. This makes the US system a whole lot more user friendly so get them to throw in the behind wheel module.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.