The mkiv Supra Owners Club

No fan shroud...headgasket gone?

Mr2kyle

Hi all,

so since I bought the car it’s been missing it’s fan shroud. It’s never overheated to the best of my knowledge but since I’ve owned it I’ve never had hot air through the blower. When I bought it I hadn’t done my research and was told that the matrix was just clogged. Replaced the matrix and managed to get hot air once bled but when driven after it would go cold. Had a garage look at it last week and they said exhaust gasses were getting into the coolant so possible head gasket failure. Could this have been caused by the lack of fan shroud? I know it’s not a common thing for a head gasket to go. Should I get a fan shroud or is it worth getting the srd fan kit? I’m taking it up to SSI to have it looked at again and sorted. Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers

Kyle

Edited by Mr2kyle (see edit history)

• Mr2kyle changed the title to No fan shroud...headgasket gone?
4 hours ago, Style said:

Only place I was able to find an OEM shroud was JDM Garage. Bit cheaper than the carbon option

https://www.jdmgarageuk.com/genuine-toyota-fan-shroud-cover-fits-toyota-supra-jza80-2jz-gte-ge-11302-46031.html

Was onto Lee this morning and I’m just going to get everything through him as I was eyeing up the auto cooler and intercooler plate also 👍🏻

• Like 1