The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK spec

Padraig

Hi and welcome to the club! I would try @keron on here from extreme performance, he is a Supra breaker and I know he has a few UK's in at the moment breaking. The parts you are after are usually the first to go or are not salvageable, but it's worth asking.

We have a UK spec register on here where we keep tabs on the few UK's that are left, if you PM me the Reg and details of the car I can add it to the register. Reg isn't displayed just used to prevent duplicates.

Would be great to see some pictures and would be good if you started a project thread for people to follow too!

9 hours ago, Padraig said:

Front end smash ? can you elaborate please

It is a fair question, the parts you are after could easily be interpreted as a victim of a front end smash, but hey you could be restoring too, only you are replacing a complete front end. So unless your car is all rusted out/very poor condition or has the nastiest body kit, one could make an assumption it has had a front end impact. 

10 hours ago, jamesmark said:

It is a fair question, the parts you are after could easily be interpreted as a victim of a front end smash, but hey you could be restoring too, only you are replacing a complete front end. So unless your car is all rusted out/very poor condition or has the nastiest body kit, one could make an assumption it has had a front end impact. 

Why would i state i was restoring it instead of a "front end smash"? If i had a car i smashed up i would list, "parts wanted for smashed up car", i dont see why i wouldnt do so as im not reselling the car, the car was actually stripped for parts FYI which is why i listed the wanted parts notification, not really sure how you jumped to the conclusion it has been smashed? Thanks for your useful input

29 minutes ago, Padraig said:

Why would i state i was restoring it instead of a "front end smash"? If i had a car i smashed up i would list, "parts wanted for smashed up car", i dont see why i wouldnt do so as im not reselling the car, the car was actually stripped for parts FYI which is why i listed the wanted parts notification, not really sure how you jumped to the conclusion it has been smashed? Thanks for your useful input

You did say "rebuilding" rather than restoring or repairing. Which leaves the question of whether it was a front end collision, other damage, or as you say here just finding parts after it had been stripped. People are curious and it's very common for Supras to end up in front end collisions, so it's a pretty valid question and there's no need to be so defensive over the question.

Also, if you want to list things for wanted, there is a section in the forum for that. You probably need to be a paying member to access this/post in it.

im rebuilding/restoring not fixing because it was stripped not involved in a front end smash/crash etc,  again if it was smashed i would simply state that,  guy with smashed up car looking to piece it back together, im not the one questioning somebodies honesty here, not sure why there is such disbelief tbh , you might clarify ? i was under the assumption the group was to assist supra owners not question the authenticity of a query?    thanks i will list in that section as i am a paid up member