The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How-To I.D. Supra "Family" Automatic Transmissions *****

Toyota Main Dealer or Amayama should be able to get you those.

There are two different gaskets, one for each side of the separation plate.

Don't trust aftermarket versions, they are not pattern correct.

If you are stripping the valve-body, it would be a good idea to replace the rubber check balls whilst you're at it, by now they will have worn to be egg shaped.

• 10 months later...
On 11/9/2017 at 3:57 PM, David P said:

Note that Aristo A340E and Lexus A343E are both the same strength as T.T. Supra A340E and can be converted to fit Supra, see in links below.

Aristo A340E

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/group.php?discussionid=223&do=discuss

Lexus A343E

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/group.php?gmid=2945&do=discuss#gmessage2945

If you're reading this feel free to disregard the message on your feed, it wouldn't let me reply to this thread before for some reason! 

I have a question regarding this post of yours from a few years ago, where you say the Lexus 30-43LE is equivalent in strength to a Supra TT 30-40: 

I am turbo converting an EUDM GS300 with an A340E/30-43LE 35000-3F270.

If what you said here is accurate then I should be able to achieve my 400 - 450 crank HP goal using this transmission without modification, but I can't find any corroborating information or technical documentation.

The link you included in the post also no longer works. So I am wondering if you could give me any more info, or let me know your source etc?

Many thanks!

Acme

• 4 months later...

Hey Guys just to make this al little more confusing, there must be some differences between the A340E and the A343E which we havent found yet.

The A343E 30-43LE was used on the EU spec Supra TT, some GS300s and others. According to the wiki and other forum sources i found, the gear ratios of all A34x are exactly the same. I think the 30-43LE is probably stronger than the 30-40LE, especially when taking into consideration that Europe basically only got the top of the line options like TT and leather and they were still upgraded even more compared to the other markets. For example: the EU spec had bigger injectors, bigger brakes (maybe the us got them on the TT as well?), hood scoop to cool the exhaust manifold, diff cooler and a cooler for the automatic transmission. Now do the US 30-40LE have that cooler as well? Rumor is those changes were mainly made with germanys unrestricted autobahn sections in mind. I just cant believe they would have introduced a new model number if there werent any changes. Also i dont know of any A343s before 1990, where as the A340s existed since the 80s.

Now my theory: For some reason they wanted a stronger A34x for the 1990 Hilux and Land Cruiser, so they made the A343F. Later when they had to decide on how they wanted the EU spec JZA80 to be, they looked at the A343F and thought that it would be a good fit, removed the transfer case and called it the A343E 30-43LE. But i hear you say "if it was better, why wouldnt they have used it on all new models?" To that my answer would be 1. cost, cars in Europe cost signifficantly more than their counterparts or even the same model in the US. (the TT Supra was about 90000 usd in europe) and 2. the A34x series basically became obsolete with the A650E replacing it in a lot of  models from 1998 onwards.

@acme15 i think you will be just fine using a 30-40, but you could also upgrade to a A650E 35-50LS wich was used in everything from the IS300 tho the LS430. They are also pretty cheap, just get one with a large J (for 2JZ) and not U (for 1UZ) on the bellhousing.

If i find the time and motivation, i will crawl under my CH/EU spec Supra and document the exact numbers for the sake of completeness.

Edit. Oh and the 35000 1B240 part is actually the toyota part-number and according to to amayama it belongs to a 2JZ-GE Toyota Supra (seems to be correct) and 35000-1B260 belongs to a 2JZ-GTE Supra, correct as well.

Edited by turboyota (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.