The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Getrag V160 for Sale

basch32

Hi all,

I have a v160 rebuilt (basically new) by suprasport with the following parts:

All communications with Arnout at suprasport about the box/work done I have and have no issue with someone contacting him directly to validate.

• new synchros for 1-4
  • new shifter sleeve 1-2
  • new shifter sleeve 3-4 (this is the billet version)
  • new gears: 2, 3 and 4. New OEM

This is only the gearbox as it was bought as a spare but have decided to go to a sequential. The cost of the box is £6000 sterling. Can discuss shipping/delivery further for an interested buyer.

It is not a full conversion kit.

Also this for sale thread is not to discuss what gearbox you could or could not get instead, people know the T56/CD009 conversions are out there. If you have nothing positive to add then please try to be respectful.

Thanks

Edited by basch32 (see edit history)

Probably worth adding if you have receipts for the work undertaken on the box and if there is any warranty provided by Suprasport in miles or months following first installation. These boxes are £6k all day now so be a bit of a bargain if there is any kind of warranty offered with the rebuild work.

Probably worth adding if you have receipts for the work undertaken on the box and if there is any warranty provided by Suprasport in miles or months following first installation. These boxes are £6k all day now so be a bit of a bargain if there is any kind of warranty offered with the rebuild work.

Hi,

Unfortunately due to the time frame since it was purchased the warranty is no longer valid. Any potential customer can contact Arnout about the box to validate and I have all communications with him in relation to the work.

Has been stored and never used since it was purchased, just filled with oil, rotated occasionally etc.

Not looking to profit off of this, just looking to recoup what I paid. Preferable anyone who purchases will be using it and not trying to flog it on.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Try reducing the price in your OP to help gather interest, open to sensible offers says nothing about how much wriggle room there is. Paperwork and photos will help too.

Unfortunately Suprasport and Arnout had quite a few issues with different customers when refurbishing six speed boxes so that won’t aid any sales I’m afraid. Maybe try an eBay auction if you are desperate…

1 minute ago, Frank Bullitt said:

Try reducing the price in your OP to help gather interest, open to sensible offers says nothing about how much wriggle room there is. Paperwork and photos will help too.

Unfortunately Suprasport and Arnout had quite a few issues with different customers when refurbishing six speed boxes so that won’t aid any sales I’m afraid. Maybe try an eBay auction if you are desperate…

The price includes shipping so don't think its crazy as it is based on other v160 I have seen sold. It was merely how about someone chat to me if interested.

Issues/stories don't seem to deter people from other vendors on here, had not realised or read any issues with him.  I have had no such experience but then that's anecdotal .

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.