The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra v160 6 speed getrag gearbox full manual conversion wirh triple plate clutch

jongilly

Your not looking to buy this setup, but you and others have found it worthy to comment on this sales thread. 70% of the comments on this sale thread have not been constructive or even remotley about the sale...

No.. a monkey cant click on a part for a v160 on the internet and have it delivered as in the past, but everything can be re engineered if you have the passion and tanacity to seek it out.

Your not looking to buy this setup, but you and others have found it worthy to comment on this sales thread. 70% of the comments on this sale thread have not been constructive or even remotley about the sale...

No.. a monkey cant click on a part for a v160 on the internet and have it delivered as in the past, but everything can be re engineered if you have the passion and tanacity to seek it out.

If you can re-engineer parts for these, maybe make more and sell them, there would be a market! Hope it works out for you.

Everything can be rebuilt, engineering did not stop in the 90's

Your correct they can be done but nobody seems to of properly taken the plunge as the set up costs are not cheap.

One of the forum members costed up the gears for a big case diff and as long as there was say 10 sets the costs were ok

So you're selling a box that monkeys cannot fix and you're complaining that people are asking questions? Sounds legitimate.

GLWTS and certainly good luck to whomever purchases this or any other used V160/1.

I just need a buyer with love and passion for the supra, I believe I have found that... cheers enjoy your evening ))

And if anyone needs parts for the v160, I can point you in the right direction. The guy who setup the rear suspension and tracking on my car, runs a 1000bhp audi sport quatro that he has won british hill climb championship and has competed in the pikes peak challenge. He has had many gearboxes in that from around the world, the best engineering has come out of eastern europe and notably Lithuania... his words not mine... cheers

Edited by jongilly (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.